How credible is Minoru Suzuki in the MMA world?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Was on an old school MMA binge and I didn’t want to waste my time if he wasn’t legit with his fighting. I heard Pancrase had multiple worked shoot matches but just wanted some expert opinions before beginning my binge.

Not the best fighter ever but a great trainer in submissions. Hes like the japanese elvis sinosic. A legend in his own way.

I always liked Tamura and Kondo

of course Minowa, Genki, etc

This is what I remember off the top of my head so if I’m wrong hopefully someone will correct me.

Him and funaki were the two top dogs in pancrase during the early years, and he was supposedly an athletic freak and fantastic grappler. What is cool about those days was Suzuki and funaki would train the pancrase fighters themself in order to get decent fights and up the competition.

I don´t think the beating he took from Bas was a work

I don´t think the beating he took from Bas was a work
Yeah Bas really palmed the hell out of some faces, and kicked the shit out of some legs and livers in his day.

This is what I remember off the top of my head so if I’m wrong hopefully someone will correct me.

Him and funaki were the two top dogs in pancrase during the early years, and he was supposedly an athletic freak and fantastic grappler. What is cool about those days was Suzuki and funaki would train the pancrase fighters themself in order to get decent fights and up the competition.
Yep. They taught ken shamrock a lot of what he knows. So on top of being juiced to the gills he learned great subs.

Back