How credible is Chiesa’s run at 170?

I agree that he is overrated, but he will wrestle-fuck Luque unfortunately, that's a favorable matchup for him.

he's a bit over rated. condit and diego are gimme fights at this point. i'll give him credit for RDA and Magny though

i can't help but think the UFC gave him alot of push after the dolly incident. looks like sued mcgregor and barclays center, no word on if he tried to sue the UFC

tumblr_pcg880mGJ81xxavtvo1_500.gifv
wow what an underrated gif

I think it's even possible that Luque rocks him and then chokes him out.

Pettis and Masvidal beat Chiesa similarly, they hurt Chiesa on the feet and he panic shoots for a TD and eventually gets choked out.
Hopefully this

Chesia sucks and nothing anyone says is gonna chg that.
He carefully picks opponents he thinks he can beat to keep his inflated position in the rankings
Ok vincearc

If he beats luque. then his run is good. until then i think luque is going to finish chiesa run. @NorrisB

Just hope Luque smashes him. Luque comes to BANG

Not sure tbh. I've known he was pretty good since TUF, but ultimately he was a fairly average 155er at UFC level. He looks better at 170, but I think it's partly favourable matchups and RDA being done.

I kind of expect Luque to batter him.

Magny is a solid gatekeeper and RDA was top 10 when he moved up.

Luque fight will really map out if he can break into top 5

RDA and Magny were both top 10 I think so they are good wins. Chiesa does seem to be a better fighter at WW than he was at WW but I think his next 2 fights will tell us where his ceiling is. I think he is properly rated.

I don't know. I'm just trying to get more information about his mom. Like is she gonna be at this fight?

Fun fact, if Luque Brabo chokes Chiesa he will have most in UFC history. He is tied with Ferguson right now.

Another weird fact, Chiesas career in the last 8 years has played out like this. 1 loss, 2 wins, 1 loss, 3 wins, 1 loss, 4 wins, and then the Luque fight. If the pattern continues then Luque wins.

Bet the family savings on Luque

Well he did it! Most Darce chokes in UFC history, and a bonus Anaconda choke! Chiesa about to go on a 5 fight win streak!

It was a dogshit run.

Very underwhelming, he went as far as he could before having to face a legit WW. Chiesa should be grateful he was able to get 4 wins in a row given how bad he is.

career journeyman that's somehow in contention because WW is super weak

Back