Reaction score
In Cowboy stadium?

Imagine that card.

Aldo vs Conor
Rousey vs Cyborg
Werdum vs ?
Fedor vs ?

That event would be ballistic!

Ya that would be awesome, both Conrad and Ronda jockeys placed on suicide watch on the same night.

the only reason would be to protect Rousey

there won't be 3 title fights on a card by the way thats stupid

Because they don't need Cyborg to sell Ronda's fights.

At 140 or 145? Easy.

At 135? They do the fight, but I can see them putting in stiff penalties and conditions to make sure that Cyborg can and does make weight.

Because they don't need Cyborg to sell Ronda's fights.

This isnt about need, it's about history and greatness.

The biggest wmma fight in history >>>>>>>>>>> Ronda vs can #13

Because if Ronda loses... then that's it, she'll probably suffer a breakdown and run away.

And they lose 5/6 fights of Ronda, Tate/Homer/TUF winner/Tate along with some other rematches of opponents who have no chance at all.

I don't get what you mean by turn it down?

Cyborg has to make 135 in invicta first. its in her contract.

At 140 or 145? Easy.

At 135? They do the fight, but I can see them putting in stiff penalties and conditions to make sure that Cyborg can and does make weight.

200px-Logo_NIKE.svg.png

read this in it's entirety and you will understand (source: ufc)

http://www.ufc.com/news/Dana-White-Says-Cristiane-Justino-Was-Never-Offered-Ronda-Rousey-Fight?utm_campaign=UFC&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1439247273

August 10, 2015

Last Friday, Tito Ortiz, a former training partner of Cristiane Justino, told AXS-TV’s “Inside MMA” that the fighter better known as “Cyborg” was offered a fight against Ronda Rousey in December at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

There’s only one problem - the UFC won’t be in Texas in December.

“To show you that Tito Ortiz has no idea what he’s talking about, we’re not even doing the fight in Dallas, Texas,” UFC president Dana White told UFC.com on Monday. “The fight is going to be in Las Vegas at the MGM. Just to show you that Tito is absolutely talking out of his ass.”

White was expecting to see a ferocious Cyborg backstage after the fight, chomping at the bit for the chance to be next in line for Rousey. This has been a superfight three years in the making.

But he never heard from Cyborg.

“I thought it was weird that she wasn’t screaming for this fight – that she wasn’t trying to make the weight and trying to make this fight happen,” White told UFC.com.

So White asked UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby to reach out to Justino - to see where the Invicta FC featherweight champ stood in regard to taking the necessary steps toward an eventual bout with Rousey.

The call Cyborg received was for a fight at 135 pounds – and not specifically against Rousey. White has maintained that in order for Justino to get a crack at Rousey, she has to make 135 pounds.

That’s why the UFC inked Cyborg to a recent deal, to fight at the 135 limit. The UFC doesn’t have a 145-pound division, so whether it’s against Rousey or anyone else, Cyborg would have to move down 10 pounds to compete inside the Octagon.

White’s call specifically addressed how close Cyborg was to making the weight.

“The deal we have with her is that she’ll make the weight and fight at 135,” White said. “We said to her: ‘What’s going on? Are we going to do this?’

“She was never offered a fight with Ronda anywhere. She has to make the weight, and then fight, and then we know she can do it and we do the fight with Ronda.”

The ball is in Justino’s court. The terms have been set, and White said that Rousey wants the fight badly. Cyborg has said -- and her team has implied -- that she is going to attempt a cut to 135.

The next step is up to her. A fight with Rousey won’t happen any other way.

I don't get what you mean by turn it down?

Cyborg has to make 135 in invicta first. its in her contract.

Even if that's true Cyborg wants to change the contract. That means the UFC can make it happen. If both sides want it, a contract won't stop it.

This isnt about need, it's about history and greatness.

The biggest wmma fight in history >>>>>>>>>>> Ronda vs can #13

Number of Cyborg failed drug tests 1
Number of times Cyborg has cut to135 (or even 140) 0
Number of times Cyborg missed weight at 145 1

Genius have a title fight without having Cyborg prove she is committed enough to cut weight. She has been trolling RR for 3 years, but has not bothered to try a weight cut to 140 or 135. All talk....

the only reason would be to protect Rousey

there won't be 3 title fights on a card by the way thats stupid

I was thinking that UFC 100 had 3 but turns out it only had 2 plus the H-bomb on Bisping, which turned out to be better than a title fight anyway.

Borg Justino has to MAKE WEIGHT and SHOW UP CLEAN HAVING PASSED THE TESTS.

Oh and Borg Justino is happy to batter people who are 5-6. I guess so much for "elite", huh? Borg Justino is just another woman.

Nothing more.

Even if that's true Cyborg wants to change the contract. That means the UFC can make it happen. If both sides want it, a contract won't stop it.

You are missing the point. Cyborg has shown zero commitment to make weight, and you want to build a huge ppv (and bastardized future ppvs) around a drug cheat who once missed 145 by 6 funking pounds. If you do not see the flaws in your plan, you should go away until you can figure them out.

Why is that stupid? That sounds fantastic to me.

they would have to have fewer fights on the card just in case all three title fights go to a decision

its also bad for profits to have to pay 3 title fight payouts in one night when it isn't likely to improve buy rates enough to balance it out

Number of Cyborg failed drug tests 1
Number of times Cyborg has cut to135 (or even 140) 0
Number of times Cyborg missed weight at 145 1

Genius have a title fight without having Cyborg prove she is committed enough to cut weight. She has been trolling RR for 3 years, but has not bothered to try a weight cut to 140 or 135. All talk....

Then end the talk and make the fight. Refusing to make the fight is what's all talk, and it sounds like pathetic ducking.

Back