How could Igor be so good at HW being a "manlet"?

He actually dropped to a lower weight division at the end of his career in Pride but by then he was fighting with chronic injuries (maybe shoulder & hands) & wasn't too successful. Plus the dude's got massive tree trunk legs so there's no way he'd get down to ww... Lhw is more realistic but hw was is niche due to speed & aggression

A WW would be too extreme, he might be able to make it, but always stated that felt better heavier, and in the MW Grand Prix was pretty shredded and a bit flat, but it would be a hell of a pocket MW.

Could he make WW based on his height and if he good drop a fuck load of muscle, sure. But it would be a brutal cut for him as his weight is in his stockyness. Massively thick and disproportionate legs and core which is far harder weight to shed than bloated chest and biceps, etc due to roiding.

Also the idea Igor at 5'8" as a thin WW who shed lots of his muscle would even be a good fighter is not something you can assume. You should just as easy 'imagine' him dropping to WW and being fringe top 50.
i'm not saying WW was a sure thing, but IF he started his career in the modern day, perhaps he has a better diet and doesn't bulk up too much, i could see him making WW if that was the case, especially after seeing guys like Aldo make BW. i mean when you look at some of the WW's today like Usman at 5'11, i don't see it being impossible for Igor to make 170, that is of course if he starts his career in our time with our knowledge and doesn't bulk up too much. all the stars aligned for him type shit.

but also i don't know what Igor was like before his career, was he just a massive short guy to begin with or did he put this size on through training? maybe a combo of both?

either way i'm just speculating boys, calm your tits.

UFC geeks will claim the sport has evolved so much but there is no doubt in my mind that a prime Igor would absolutely bury a modern day bum like Johnny Walker.

Fast hands and power

giphy.gif
I bet he was dense as fuck, powerful fucker

Igor was ahead of the game; he already had a lot of experience by the time he came to Japan and competed in PRIDE. It was a different era; fighters who were okay with just standing in the pocket and swinging away could be successful. He had power, but I think more than that he had great hand speed/accuracy. He could exchange with larger men and his punches slammed into their faces faster than he got hit.

Jarl

If you hear the church bell ringing at a weird time.
RUN
Igor is coming to the town.

thats how badass the dude is.

Igor didn't just beat people. He melted them

i'm not saying WW was a sure thing, but IF he started his career in the modern day, perhaps he has a better diet and doesn't bulk up too much, i could see him making WW if that was the case, especially after seeing guys like Aldo make BW. i mean when you look at some of the WW's today like Usman at 5'11, i don't see it being impossible for Igor to make 170, that is of course if he starts his career in our time with our knowledge and doesn't bulk up too much. all the stars aligned for him type shit.

but also i don't know what Igor was like before his career, was he just a massive short guy to begin with or did he put this size on through training? maybe a combo of both?

either way i'm just speculating boys, calm your tits.
But the issue is that what made Igor a great heavyweight, is that he was a smaller faster HW with big power generated from his powerful, thick muscular frame and in particular his core.

And now you and others are speculating if he was instead a bigger WW, starving himself down in today's MMA he would be better despite the fact he would have an entirely different body. Would he still have power at WW? Would he have any speed advantage? Or would he lose the main two things that made him great?

LOL imagine TS calling Igor a manlet to his face.
<Lmaoo>

But the issue is that what made Igor a great heavyweight, is that he was a smaller faster HW with big power generated from his powerful, thick muscular frame and in particular his core.

And now you and others are speculating if he was instead a bigger WW, starving himself down in today's MMA he would be better despite the fact he would have an entirely different body. Would he still have power at WW? Would he have any speed advantage? Or would he lose the main two things that made him great?
like i said, it's a big what if, and if everything fell into place like i said (i don't believe you even read my comments) then he wouldn't be starving himself and shedding tons of muscle to get there.

but yeah once again, everything i'm talking about is pure fantasy, it's not that serious dude. jesus.

<36>

Back