How could Dustin defeat Max?

He has beaten Max Holloway. He choked him out.
Dustin+Poirier+Mounted+Triangle+Armbar+Max+Holloway+UFC+143.+Cut.gif

<WellThere>

This is why I watch. I see ways for Max to lose obviously. But like certain other fights. I just think that although both are elite. One is better than the other, and should win at least 8/10.

That’s how I feel here. I think Max wins this with room to spare. But, in this sport nothing is guaranteed.

Max by TKO in round 4, or 5. I haven’t done my final predictions yet. But mine will be a late 4th or 5th round TKO.

By not fighting like an idiot. He is not Khabib or Ben but he can try mixing it up and taking him down to sub him. He packs more ko power as well. Dustin needs to pick his shots and he MUST not get into a rockem sockem robots brawl. That is a big no against Max. The longer the figh lasts the worst it will be for him , though.

Max can take a punch, but I am not conviced about him being able to take punches at lw without issues. I guess this fight will give me an idea of how much he can handle.

LOL at everyone acting like this is a blowout and a for sure win for Max when A)Max is moving up for the first time, while DP has been at LW for a while and proven himself against killers and B) DP has already beaten Max before

This isn’t relevant

oh, did that happen in some other alternate dimension? Or was it a Holloway impersonator? oh now I remember, since Max was young it literally doesn't count and never happened.

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be one of those nights with a lot of upsets.

Hmmmm.

I favor dustin a Little bit over Max thanks to have better wrestling and packs more power than Max, but i don't count max out. I think Max will outbox Dusting and he has to rely on wrestling to smother max. the fight is too close for me to say Guy A beats guy B by far, it's more on how they implement their gameplans.

Countless fighters fall into the trap of playing his game particularly his boxing I would maybe try to out point him while being evasive and also attacking his lead leg also Dustin should try tds to set up his strikes.
How he did last night and the fight before. 2-0 now against him Lol are we done acting like Max is on another level now?

Max is a great fighter but got overrated by essentially doing the same thing Conor got no credit for. Hopefully people will understand that he is going to have s tough time with the best 55'ers, just like Conor would if he fought more.

Back