How could anyone vote Republican after watching those spineless candidates in that god-awful debate?

yea, it says you are a rube if you think those are the biggest problems america faces.
They are big problems and I'm well aware there are more. Those two issues just happen to bother me a lot.

Not every politician. You don't see it from Bernie Sanders in the Democratic debates and Donald Trump isn't fooling any educated people into thinking he has the capabilities of being the president. In fact none of them are. I hate to cast such a large net, but anyone who thinks any of the Republican candidates would actually govern effectively just don't know a lot about anything and lack critical intelligence.

You American's think Reagan was a good president right? The guy who was an actor? If he was great why cant Trump be? If you really think he is an idiot or has no skills I suggest you try and make the same ROI he does on some of his developments.

You American's think Reagan was a good president right? The guy who was an actor? If he was great why cant Trump be? If you really think he is an idiot or has no skills I suggest you try and make the same ROI he does on some of his developments.

No in fact WE Americans don't all think Reagan was a good president. He was the president who started the travesty that is known as the war on drugs and his fear of communism led to a lot of brutality around the world especially in Latin America. BTW Ronald Reagan wouldn't be considered very conservative amongst today's group of back ass Republican candidates.

And trumps ROI's often times came at the expense of a lot of hard-working people and businesses both in America and abroad. The man has nowhere near the political experience or intelligence to run the country effectively and he is as shady and as conniving as they come.

ts is a perfect example of what is wrong with this country. you are a fucking moron if you don't agree with me. anyone that could possibly see different is a loser. we need to force people that don't agree with me to do so because they don't know what's good for them. gimme free stuff

It's more than that. He succeeded in high-stakes real estate for decades. He crushed the S&P despite major setbacks like tens of millions in divorce settlements, being in other markets, and a sustained bull market for about two decades. The guy went to Wharton. He even succeeded in entertainment and is a New York Times best seller. Now he's got a very good chance of winning the nomination and even the presidency. If he's an idiot, I fear what that makes me.

Last edited:
And trumps ROI's often times came at the expense of a lot of hard-working people and businesses both in America and abroad. The man has nowhere near the political experience or intelligence to run the country effectively and he is as shady and as conniving as they come.

This is called capitalism. It is part of the game. The point is you need some level of capability to do it successfully.

Will he make a good president? Who knows. Is he crazy by non US standards? Ofcourse. But it seems like he is the type of person you guys adore.

This is called capitalism. It is part of the game. The point is you need some level of capability to do it successfully.

Will he make a good president? Who knows. Is he crazy by non US standards? Ofcourse. But it seems like he is the type of person you guys adore.

You know I don't blame you for your backwards and completely inaccurate views on what Americans are actually like or prefer in a candidate. You see news footage of people like Trump at his rallies and think "well that must represent all Americans". The majority of American people are waking up to the fact that capitalism has major flaws though it has its better aspects as well.

I and along with hundreds of thousands of other people, endorse a candidate like Bernie Sanders who is trying to make the richest country in the world, more resemble countries like Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Countries where universal healthcare is a right and college tuition is free because it improves the standard of living for all Americans.

Donald Trump is a great businessman and very adept at free-market capitalism but none of that translates into skills that could accurately run the country from the position of president. This further reinforces my entire point for making this thread. None of the GOP candidates exhibit any of the qualities or types of knowledge and skills to avoid tanking our country. They deny science and human rights and generally have a compromised moral compass.

We are not going to agree, so there's no sense in going in circles.

Just to clarify, I never said that Trump has anyone's best interest at hand, I said he's not unintelligent, which he's not. You know how many people are able to turn one million dollars into billions, staying afloat in real estate when many lost everything? Questioning his honesty in politics is one thing, frankly it's so evident as to be redundant, but nobody on the stage is stupid; not Sanders, not Hillary, and certainly not Trump.
It would be nice if that but he was left several hundred million And had he taken that money and invested it in the market, he would be richer than he is. His real estate ventures have underperformed the market. He isnt some business Geinus.

It would be nice if that but he was left several hundred million And had he taken that money and invested it in the market, he would be richer than he is. His real estate ventures have underperformed the market.

That's actually inaccurate, he was not left nearly that much.

See my above post. If you think any idiot can do what he did, how he did, for as long as he did it, to end up where he is today, we simply see the world very differently.

You know I don't blame you for your backwards and completely inaccurate views on what Americans are actually like or prefer in a candidate. You see news footage of people like Trump at his rallies and think "well that must represent all Americans". The majority of American people are waking up to the fact that capitalism has major flaws though it has its better aspects as well.

I and along with hundreds of thousands of other people, endorse a candidate like Bernie Sanders who is trying to make the richest country in the world, more resemble countries like Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Countries where universal healthcare is a right and college tuition is free because it improves the standard of living for all Americans.

Donald Trump is a great businessman and very adept at free-market capitalism but none of that translates into skills that could accurately run the country from the position of president. This further reinforces my entire point for making this thread. None of the GOP candidates exhibit any of the qualities or types of knowledge and skills to avoid tanking our country. They deny science and human rights and generally have a compromised moral compass.

This forum is full of gun nuts/right wingers. It's not like what I described represents a small portion of your country.

I admire your views though, I just think youl have a hard time implementing what you want.

That's actually inaccurate, he was not left nearly that much.

See my above post. If you think any idiot can do what he did, how he did, for as long as he did it, to end up where he is today, we simply see the world very differently.

No

http://www.alternet.org/story/156234/exposing_how_donald_trump_really_made_his_fortune:_inheritance_from_dad_and_the_government's_protection_mostly_did_the_trick

https://m.soundcloud.com/oraclefreq...-the-sp-index-the-oracle-frequency-podcast-31

http://www.newsmax.com/t/finance/article/671080

This is all common knowledge and all these trump properties, he doesn't own then. They just carry the name.

This forum is full of gun nuts/right wingers. It's not like what I described represents a small portion of your country.

I admire your views though, I just think youl have a hard time implementing what you want.

So let me get this straight, the general makeup of this forum represents the general makeup of America..... I fail to see your logic.

And as long as the Congress is made up of mostly Republicans, than the Democratic candidate is going to have a hard time implementing what they want. However it doesn't just mean you say fuck it and compromise on your values you wish to see implemented. The youth of this nation and the American public in general are going to have to step up big time in order to fight for the things we want. Many of the things that are said about Sanders now are the exact same things that were said about FDR.

So let me get this straight, the general makeup of this forum represents the general makeup of America..... I fail to see your logic.

My logic is that you are suggesting I am only referring to a minority of people who are those stereotypical crazies. My point is that the crazy republican stereotype is alive and well. After all you you admit congress is dominated by republicans, who do you think voted them in?

My logic is that you are suggesting I am only referring to a minority of people who are those stereotypical crazies. My point is that the crazy republican stereotype is alive and well. After all you you admit congress is dominated by republicans, who do you think voted them in?

Because the Republican crazies are generally a lot older and far more likely to get out and vote. When there is a large voter turnout Democrats win. A lot of people are disenfranchised with politics as a whole so they don't even bother voting which is a mistake. Also Republicans like to suppress voter turnout because they know that's when they win. The less people vote and the more districts that are gerrymandered the better for them. This election cycle is going to change American politics for quite some time I feel. All of the rules are basically out the window this time around.

Not exactly objective sources...

Forbes said:
Trump hit the big time in one of the most competitive developer markets in the world. That he achieved in the biggest of the big leagues (as Ken Auletta put it about the Manhattan part of New York City, “For those with talent, this city is the final test”) speaks very well to his business acumen. The talk about how Trump started on 1st, 2nd or 3rd base thanks to the money his father passed on to him is sour grapes. It’s a big, big deal to thrive in the Manhattan property market.

And what about the Trump name? It’s been pointed out that Trump doesn’t build anymore as much as he lends his great brand name to big projects. In return for the right to slap Trump on buildings, The Trump Organization earns many millions. It’s assumed that the brand “Trump” alone is worth quite a lot of money, maybe billions. About this, was “Trump” a brand name when Fred was the family’s most talented real estate developer? Certainly not. That Trump the brand is worth a lot of money is almost seen as a pejorative when in fact it should remind us of Donald Trump’s enormous savvy as a businessman. Valuable brands are hard won, and while the Donald inherited Trump, it wasn’t worth much when he inherited it.

Speaking of his inheritance, it’s been said that assuming Trump did inherit in the 10-figure range, he’s vastly underperformed for having done so. The thinking there is that if he’d simply invested his inheritance into an S&P 500 index during the early ’80s that his net worth now would dwarf the $10 billion he claims he’s worth, and would surely make small the $3-4 billion that outside sources claim he’s worth. That’s fine, but by that kind of benchmark every single American who could claim a net worth of $10,000 back in 1980 should be worth millions today. While it’s no doubt true that stocks are up quite a bit compared to 1980, a buy-and-hold investor of indexes would have had to sit tight during some pretty ugly markets (’82, ’87, ’94, ’98, ’01, ’08 to name a few). To criticize Trump for having failed to predict a major market surge at a time when some had given up on equities altogether is more than unfair.

To think that inherited wealth is free license to amass a fortune of billions of dollars is simply wrong. In fact, why would someone be able to beat the S&P if their wealth was simply gratuitous.

Victor Haghani puts this argument to bed:

You're definitely a Republican. I know that because you fail to ever post anything even remotely resembling intelligence. Isn't it nap time at the old folks home? Crush up your pills in your applesauce and go to bed codger.

Child you are such a mine of unintentional comedy

You are too immature to get that everyone tools you because you have one of the most narrow view points even in the warroom.

Over half of your post are "you don't agree with me, fuck you"

Child you are such a mine of unintentional comedy

You are too immature to get that everyone tools you because you have one of the most narrow view points even in the warroom.

Over half of your post are "you don't agree with me, fuck you"

HAHAHAHAHA I think TVland is playing reruns of Bonanza. You should check it out!

You really are a delicate flower

Back