How competitive is amateur muay thai in the US?

FightingIyan

White Belt
Reaction score
Might want to make the switch from boxing to muay thai but what will make or break the decision is the organization of competition. In boxing, there were fights in the local area (Bay Area) at least once a month, sometimes even twice/month. There's also the Golden Gloves to get motivated for. How good is the organization/level of competition in muay thai?

Nowhere as close as boxing, that's for sure.

Pretty non-existent where I live.

i kno in cali you can find a fight every month if you wanted. if u join a gym and wanna fight they can get you one for sure.

the dudes at my gym have the option to fight every month if they want...and we are in LA

i kno in cali you can find a fight every month if you wanted. if u join a gym and wanna fight they can get you one for sure.

the dudes at my gym have the option to fight every month if they want...and we are in LA

Show off.

This

The southwest in general is a hotbed for Muay Thai. Texas, Arizona , Nevada and of course Cali have a lot of Muay Thai gyms and amateur fights are very easy to come by. Especially here in CA. There are fights MANY times a month.

This

The southwest in general is a hotbed for Muay Thai. Texas, Arizona , Nevada and of course Cali have a lot of Muay Thai gyms and amateur fights are very easy to come by. Especially here in CA. There are fights MANY times a month.

The Muay Thai scene in Texas isn't very big at all in my opinion. The only "Muay Thai" gym I can think of that would be on par with a Cali gym would be Saekson's in Dallas.

Back