How come you don't learn TDs in BJJ earlier?

imo grappling training should give equal time to td's and ground work.

I would be very happy training at your gym.

Well, if you are ever in Tokyo, let me know. "Foreigners Welcome!"

Well, I learned how to run the pike and do a duck under better in BJJ than I did in wrestling, so what the f***. But yeah, we did start a lot in guard when rolling. I don't go there anymore, unfortunately, but technically I'm still in wrestling and about to do judo, so I guess I can still lay claim to being a grappler.

We train takedowns for about 15 to 20 minutes every class. One takedown for about two months. We do have a local high school wrestling coach that has been wrestling and doing judo for 35 plus years. We are very lucky to have him.

My class does 50/50 on most days and it is unmistakeably BJJ.

I would love to face guys from your school in a tournament. I could take away 50% of their training in the blink of an eye.

We train some take downs in our BJJ classes, but I will admit that it is limited.

That being said, our school has both wrestling and judo available for any person that wants to go.

So, I took it upon myself to take judo too.

If the guy is being legit about the school he attends, then is sounds like he attends Crazy Eighty Eight based on his description. That school is probably one of the best schools in the country in terms of producing top competitors. They haven't produced any black belt champs obviously, but are making noise at the blue and purple belt levels.

I attended 88s for like two months

We do train takedowns at 88. Not as much in the "basics" class, but more-so in the intermediate and above classes. I mostly attend the basics class these days.

Most nights that mats are packed for the basics classes. There isn't a lot of room to do a ton of takedowns. There isn't even room to not roll from the knees most of the time. If you watch the blue belts and the more advanced whites - they have trained takedowns.

I have seen more judo and takedowns in the sunday morning classes actually.

I'm actually pretty damn happy about the limited takedown training. I got turf toe learning to shoot single legs about 6 months ago and it has never fully healed.

I would love to face guys from your school in a tournament. I could take away 50% of their training in the blink of an eye.

lol. Pretty brave statement. What makes you think you can outdo an entire school of strangers who are getting good training in stand up and groundwork?

lol. Pretty brave statement. What makes you think you can outdo an entire school of strangers who are getting good training in stand up and groundwork?

Apperently he eats wrestlers and judoka for BREAKFAST....!

:rolleyes:

Back