How come Tito fought someone 3x smaller than him?

JoeHoganKush**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yesterday was the first time I watched a Bellator event and couldn't help but notice that Tito was fighting a guy that looked like he belongs in WW. The announcers mentioned something about this a few times. Don't know anyone from Bellator other than the guys that were in the UFC before. What was the thought process behind making this fight?

Last edited:
129192094645224750.gif

Jenna Jameson's mental issues are at least 4x the size of tito's enormous skull and he lost a pretty clear decision

storm called out a much bigger fighter that has actually had good ground game and he got owned due to size disadvantage and goat level arm triangle defense

Shlemenko called him out on twitter and Tito said "lol OK."

And that's that.

Because he had to get a needed win. We can't all be Glass Joe and go so long without winning that we forget what it feels like.

I wasn't aware Schlemenko weighed in at 73 lbs... I'm pretty sure he weighed in at 201, and Tito sure as hell didn't weigh in at 603.

When Bjorn and his crew were emphasizing Schlemenko as a WW it was because they expected him to win and they were trying to show how good he was to overcome that size. When he failed all their talk just lead to diminish Tito's victory. It also is a bit of a dis towards their own MW division considering Schlemenko regularly dominates every other MW in Bellator.

how in the hell does 15-25 lbs difference = 3x smaller than him? You people are ridiculous haters on these boards.

I wasn't aware Schlemenko weighed in at 73 lbs... I'm pretty sure he weighed in at 201, and Tito sure as hell didn't weigh in at 603.

When Bjorn and his crew were emphasizing Schlemenko as a WW it was because they expected him to win and they were trying to show how good he was to overcome that size. When he failed all their talk just lead to diminish Tito's victory. It also is a bit of a dis towards their own MW division considering Schlemenko regularly dominates every other MW in Bellator.

This.

The Bellator PPV was such a weird mix of success and epic fail... mostly epic fail.

................because he is a tool that will show us the way and guide us to achieve pummeling smaller guys. :icon_chee

Last edited:
Something about using a size disadvantage as an excuse seems kind of weird to me when Cain Velasquez weighs in at 241 and absolutely demolishes guys like Bigfoot, who used to fight at super heavyweight and almost certainly shows up on fight night well over 265 and Brock, who walks around at 286.

Size definitely plays a factor, but it isn't everything.

Tito looked absolutely dreadful last night, he was just standing there letting Schlemenko hit him and those shots looked completely ineffective. Then he hits that pretty weak td into back-side control, telegraphs that he is trying to roll Storm for a arm triangle, and then Storm basically rolls himself. Fuck, the guy made absolutely no effort to defend the submission until it was fully locked in and too late.

Size means a lot, but I'd honestly take at least the top 7 MWs in the UFC (according to sherdog) over Tito currently.

Something about using a size disadvantage as an excuse seems kind of weird to me when Cain Velasquez weighs in at 241 and absolutely demolishes guys like Bigfoot, who used to fight at super heavyweight and almost certainly shows up on fight night well over 265 and Brock, who walks around at 286.

Size definitely plays a factor, but it isn't everything.

Tito looked absolutely dreadful last night, he was just standing there letting Schlemenko hit him and those shots looked completely ineffective. Then he hits that pretty weak td into back-side control, telegraphs that he is trying to roll Storm for a arm triangle, and then Storm basically rolls himself. Fuck, the guy made absolutely no effort to defend the submission until it was fully locked in and too late.

Size means a lot, but I'd honestly take at least the top 7 MWs in the UFC (according to sherdog) over Tito currently.
I would pick every one of UFC's top 10 MWs over Tito. I might even take their top 15 over Tito.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back