How come there are no openly gay UFC fighters?

SPORT-PREVIEW-Israel-Adesanya.jpg

Why?
Would be the same as saying out of 550 fighters someone has to be color blind.
550 fighters, at least one has to eat hair
Also, considering 8% of men are colorblind, it's a certainty that there are lots of colorblind fighters too.

Lol. It's nothing at all like that.

If you want to pretend that there are no gay fighters in the UFC, that's entirely up to you.
With no evidence right now, you are the one pretending. All your research into stats, your confirmation bias is going to favor your beliefs.
As an example of what I'm saying: say there is 10% gays in the US. In my line of work there is going to be closer to 0%. Queers aren't choosing certain career fields and I believe prize fighter is a career choice they are going to pick for the most part so the 10% pool would be much much smaller and not even be in the ufc

With no evidence right now, you are the one pretending. All your research into stats, your confirmation bias is going to favor your beliefs.
As an example of what I'm saying: say there is 10% gays in the US. In my line of work there is going to be closer to 0%. Queers aren't choosing certain career fields and I believe prize fighter is a career choice they are going to pick for the most part so the 10% pool would be much much smaller and not even be in the ufc
Lol. Queers.

That says it all.

Dana White: "There probably is, and there's probably more than one."

But what does he know about the UFC, amirite??

Agree with this. Well said.

At the risk of stating the obvious, if there were an activity in which it might be undesirable to have people know you are gay, a room full of alpha male, testosterone fueled dudes who can literally punch you in the face might be a place to keep that info to yourself.
(At least until you are very certain that the other fighters accept you and would have your back, and ideally you can handle anyone in the gym safely in sparring)

I'm not saying that a dude couldn't be out, especially with an open minded team, but you get one bully in that room and you might have problems.

I believe Dakota Cochrane was openly gay.

He is a bad motherfucker too.

the UFC has plenty of wrestlers though.

I guess they are ashamed, embarrassed of their actions. Why are there no closeted heterosexuals.

Also LGBT statistic % include bisexuals, which is significantly different from gay.

I mean if they are not embarrassed about doing something bad why are they hiding it ?

Holds up Holly Bible ready for hateful comments targeting religious people.
But mocking LGBT = Cancelation.

Well all in all I don't care.

TS is gay confirmed. Congratulations.

Also I hope you guys realize you can be friends Co workers ect ect with someone and not respecting everything they believe is true, same as they don't need to respect your beliefs.

All in all Idgaf.

Back