How come some people are saying Ronda's opponents arn't skilled?

Ronda making her name off of beating unskilled fighters who have made their name off of even more unskilled fighters.

ibgcbw7P9gq5t.gif

It isn't that they have no skills, its that there is such a gulf between Rhonda and everyone else in the women's game. That is due mostly to the fact that there are very few Elite female athletes that are in MMA. Rhonda has literally no competition and the only legitimate fight for her is Cyborg and you can argue Tate since she is the only one who has made it out of the 1st round but does anyone really think she can give Rhonda a competitive fight?

Why the flying fuck can't you tards accept that ppl just find women's MMA sucks? I thought being a fan was being allowed to choose what u like and dislike about MMA. Fans forcing u to like what they like are the worst.

It reminds me of watching Gracie fight in UFC 1 and beyond. Granted he was talented but it was such a new sport and the other talent wasn't there. No doubt rousey is talented but the WMMA IS still an infant

Anyone have a gif of a women's 135 besides holm throwing a legitimate boxing or kickboxing combination that would be considered good in boxing or kickboxing?

Because they are not. Bethe was supposed to be a good striker. She is far from a good striker. Most of the women in the UFC are pretty terrible strikers. That being said JJ is one of the best strikers in the UFC, and could teach many of the guys about striking....

this is simply not true.

Strikeforce had no competition
Black belts are not created equal
Women's wrestling is not a high level sport, and has been dominated by 3 Japanese women in the last decade over 3 weight classes. Female wrestlers are irrelevant unless if your name is Kaori Ichio or something.
Women's BJJ isn't a high level sport. Case in point: Mackenzie Dern. Highly decorated BJJ blackbelt, horrible athlete.
There's this Zangief looking mofo who's working for MMAFighting who was a former marine. That doesn't mean anything

This -

Strikeforce had no competition
Black belts are not created equal
Women's wrestling is not a high level sport, and has been dominated by 3 Japanese women in the last decade over 3 weight classes. Female wrestlers are irrelevant unless if your name is Kaori Ichio or something.
Women's BJJ isn't a high level sport. Case in point: Mackenzie Dern. Highly decorated BJJ blackbelt, horrible athlete.
There's this Zangief looking mofo who's working for MMAFighting who was a former marine. That doesn't mean anything

So your point is, WMMA has many skilled fighters, just not great athletes?

Can't you say that about a lot of other divisions?

Anyone have a gif of a women's 135 besides holm throwing a legitimate boxing or kickboxing combination that would be considered good in boxing or kickboxing?

How many HW fighters can you show doing the same?

Which HW fighters would be considered good when compared to boxers and Glory fighters?

A division with guys like Overeem, JDS, Cain and Hunt is by far more skilled that the Women's BW division. Hopefully once Ronda retires they just scrap the whole division because everybody else in it is awful.

You named 4 guys, and one of them is Hunt. 4 guys in the division.

Hunt? Hunt is like 39 years old and fat and he is still competitive. Meisha Tate has more skills than Hunt. Hunt is basically a striker with decent takedown defense.

Ronda is a B level athlete and the others are D level.

You named 4 guys, and one of them is Hunt. 4 guys in the division.

Hunt? Hunt is like 39 years old and fat and he is still competitive. Meisha Tate has more skills than Hunt. Hunt is basically a striker with decent takedown defense.

Ok, Miocic, Arlovski and Barnett, I didn't even mention the champion in those 7 fighters I've listed.

The fact that you Meisha is more skilled that Hunt is so laughable I'm not even going to dignify it with a response, also, you're talking about Hunt as a bad example? OP is saying that because Carmouche was in the marines it counts as a good win!

Every time there is a dominant champ they say the competition sucks.

Ok, Miocic, Arlovski and Barnett, I didn't even mention the champion in those 7 fighters I've listed.

The fact that you Meisha is more skilled that Hunt is so laughable I'm not even going to dignify it with a response, also, you're talking about Hunt as a bad example? OP is saying that because Carmouche was in the marines it counts as a good win!

In terms of overall skills, the only fighters in HW with skills on feet and ground are Werdum and Cain and Overeem. Everyone else is one dimensional.

Carmouche sucks. Meisha has far better balance between striking and grappling than Hunt, it is not even debatable. She is pretty bad at striking, but she has more overall skills than Hunt. She has knock people down and submitted multiple opponents.

How does Miocic have more skills than say Alexis Davis? Davis has won grappling competitions, Muay thai competitions and is a black belt in JJ and BJJ. Miocic have done what? He is a boxer with some decent takedown skills.

The HW division is littered with one-dimensional athletes skill wise. Hell, what skills does Travis Browne have? He was ranked top 3.