How come not one Journalist calls Ronda Rousey out for being OVER-RATED?

opponent

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
No journo questions the depth of her competition or her claiming gender doesn't matter, she's the best fighter at 135 bar none.

Or claiming to be able to beat Floyd or any person in the world really.

Is the feminist agenda that strong?

Yes. Even Sherdog the pinnacle of macho manliness has become supporters of WMMA. Saddens me every day. At least Don Frye still disapproves.

because she isn't

No journo questions the depth of her competition or her claiming gender doesn't matter, she's the best fighter at 135 bar none.

You need to know the difference between a journalist and an op Ed writer

Because she's not and everyone that is relevant in the MMA world agrees.

Just because you lonely neckbeard virgins are bitter towards Rousey doesn't mean everyone else is

She's the #1 wmma fighter, and she is ranked #1. How is that overrated?

All that other shit is media selling pageclicks and your own insecurities. I'm OK with Ronda's powerful self-belief. She'd probably be a do nothing bitch without it; instead her belief has made her The Last Empress.

WAR3

Because she's not and everyone that is relevant in the MMA world agrees.

Just because you lonely neckbeard virgins are bitter towards Rousey doesn't mean everyone else is

Is this THE FlyThai, of mma highlight video fame?

Depends how you define "overrated."

She's certainly the best female fighter in the world, so she's not overrated in that sense. But compared to her male counterparts, her competition is much weaker. If WMMA had the same talent pool as MMA, she might still be the top fighter but she likely wouldn't be so far ahead of the pack.

I suppose I am surprised too. Bad publicity is still good publicity, we all know the adage, but in todays day and age, clicking on a link can get you paid. That said, the more controversial, the more clicks, the more buzz, the more the money.

Down side is, if the journalist is actually good, he or she may want to interview fighters and if he or she bad mouths them from the start, not many will show up to talk.

In any case, its actually a great idea if someone wants to be in the spotlight for the short run. Some fighters will secretly agree and provide adequate interviews to show a balance.

I guess I don't get the r3 hate. She's fun to watch, her judo technique is outstanding, her striking is getting better. She's fun to listen to interviews. She's charitable. Stories about things like the apraxia mom show up often enough. She's an Olympic medalist, and I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing to compete at that high a level, you have to have a pretty strong belief in yourself. It's not her fault that the rest of wmma got into it because their boyfriend does it, and their boyfriend is their main coach and training partner.

You must not read many articles, listen to the radio, watch ESPN or listen to podcasts. The lack of depth and the young age of the division is brought up repeatedly.

The general conclusion is that it's impossible to really tell how good Rousey really is because we don't know how much of it is her innate gifts and honed skills and how much is because the sport is so young. All we know is that today she is the best and it's by miles.

For all we know, we could put Rousey in stasis for 10 or 20 years, put her in the octagon and she could be just as dominant simply because you're not going to have a lot of KO power at 135 due to mass, male or female.

Is there anything to make you think that in 10 or 20 years with a generation of better athletes and training that Rousey still wouldn't be able to shrug off or avoid enough strikes to close the distance, clinch, toss a woman on her head and arm bar her? And can you say that with 100% certainty?

That's the problem. And that's why it's impossible to truly gauge her other than we know that she's good.

ronda is like babe ruth he was ahead of his time and was superior to everyone at the time but no one discredits his accomplishments

i don't feel ronda is overrated. shes rated right where she should be. as the #1 womens fighter in the world.

Don't really know how anyone could consider RR overrated.

She is the ONLY champ that has actually beat ALL of the top 5 opponents ranked beneath her. That includes Jones. That includes Mighty mouse. That includes Aldo. She is the only one. And she finished all those fighters. She dominated every single one of them and finished them all.

When the Floyd Mayweather/Ronda Rousey fight is scheduled, and Rhonda is the full on betting favorite with the oddsmakers, hit me back up and we can discuss whether she is overrated or not. Until then, she is rated precisely correct.

because the Ronda hype is all that's keeping the UFC in business and any MMA journalist that challenges that will be unemployed.

Because they would be right, therefore they would be fired instead of being called idiots and ridiculed.

because the Ronda hype is all that's keeping the UFC in business and any MMA journalist that challenges that will be unemployed.

Lol that's not true at all, and what a pathetic fantasy you've built.

so she's overrated, because she says some delusional things? lol.

Back