How come nobody is talking about Florence?

I prefer the original

22011210138_19f5b1e31e_b.jpg

The predicted forecast for here, next week...

1.png

The predicted forecast for here, next week...

1.png

Yeah, I'm in Jacksonville, NC...not looking forward to Wed/Thursday this week. Funny enough I'm supposed to be doing a BBQ catering event for 65+ people on Thursday. haha God damned hurricane is going to fuck up my cash flow all week long.

Yeah, I'm in Jacksonville, NC...not looking forward to Wed/Thursday this week. Funny enough I'm supposed to be doing a BBQ catering event for 65+ people on Thursday. haha God damned hurricane is going to fuck up my cash flow all week long.
Yeah. Now they're saying it could be a cat 4 or 5 when it hits.

DmwJEuLUcAAvlmS.jpg:large

The 84 circle where it lands, is exactly where I live.

Got the message from work when I landed at Norfolk VA to turn around. that was a fun cross country flight to do all over again.

AV checks out.

My favorite part is I've been bugging our office all week if the conference was still going and they just kept saying it would be fine and would let me know if there was any change in plan. then they wait until I've flown for 8 hours and land in the direct path to tell me I should have stayed home.

My favorite part is I've been bugging our office all week if the conference was still going and they just kept saying it would be fine and would let me know if there was any change in plan. then they wait until I've flown for 8 hours and land in the direct path to tell me I should have stayed home.
I bet the got damn office girl was all:

800px_COLOURBOX3769969.jpg

Yeah. Now they're saying it could be a cat 4 or 5 when it hits.

DmwJEuLUcAAvlmS.jpg:large

The 84 circle where it lands, is exactly where I live.

Get the hell out of there man! I'm heading to Charlotte for the duration hoping to bypass the worst of it. Good luck and stay safe...this one might end up being another Katrina / Sandy / Harvey. I'm usually stubborn and stick around but this one just isn't worth it.

Fuck me running...I certainly hope this thing shifts dramatically by tomorrow or Wednesday.

Get the hell out of there man! I'm heading to Charlotte for the duration hoping to bypass the worst of it. Good luck and stay safe...this one might end up being another Katrina / Sandy / Harvey. I'm usually stubborn and stick around but this one just isn't worth it.

I'm northeast of that in Carteret County. I think I'm safer there than inland.

Yeah, I've got some family in Charlotte. Thinking of heading there, but sometimes they flood worse than we do. They're also saying after it makes land, it might hover around for a bit.

Definitely going to do something, though.

wow this is lookin a lot worse than I thought

Reading up on hurricanes I saw this on Weather.com about Category 4's :

"
Category 4: Catastrophic Damage Will Occur

There is a very high risk of injury or death to people, livestock, and pets due to flying and falling debris. Nearly all pre-1994 mobile homes will be destroyed. A high percentage of newer mobile homes also will be destroyed.

Poorly constructed homes can sustain complete collapse of all walls as well as the loss of the roof structure. Well-built homes also can sustain severe damage with loss of most of the roof structure and/or some exterior walls.

Extensive damage to roof coverings, windows, and doors will occur. Large amounts of windborne debris will be lofted into the air. Windborne debris damage will break most unprotected windows and penetrate some protected windows.

There will be a high percentage of structural damage to the top floors of apartment buildings. Steel frames in older industrial buildings can collapse. There will be a high percentage of collapse to older unreinforced masonry buildings. Most windows will be blown out of high-rise buildings resulting in falling glass, which will pose a threat for days to weeks after the storm.

Nearly all commercial signage, fences, and canopies will be destroyed. Most trees will be snapped or uprooted and power poles downed. Fallen trees and power poles will isolate residential areas. Power outages will last for weeks to possibly months. Long-term water shortages will increase human suffering. Most of the area will be uninhabitable for weeks or months.

Hurricane Charley in 2004 is an example of a hurricane that brought Category 4 winds and impacts to coastal portions of Punta Gorda, Florida with Category 3 conditions experienced elsewhere in the city.
"
I've got 3 large trees in my front yard and a massive one behind my house (just off my property). I'm really hoping my house isn't going to get pulverized during this storm. I was planning on heading west but my wife works on the Marine Corps base and she has to stay (essential personnel) so I'll be staying with her on base for the duration. For those who are waffling about taking off I think now is the time. Even the Marines were given evacuation orders today.

I’m from central NC in Durham and have a home in Kitty Hawk on the northern Outer Banks side also and not going to board anything up so hoping for mostly rain instead of wind. People around central part in Durham, Raleigh, Rocky Mount are damn near fighting for gas at some confidence stores and also not a case on water on any shelf anywhere. Buddies down in Wilmington, Morehead and Hatteras are bracing for the worst

From a hurricane vet in Fl, stay safe sherbros

Back