How come Nick Diaz has avoided all calls and texts from Dana?

joe-dirt.jpg

Might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Man, it's a Diaz, ya stick 'em in a cage, you drop 'em in rings, they fight, they don't text.

Yep, Nick dont text, he dont lol, and he fo sho dont lmao.

mabey he just dont no how is cellphone work any more to high on weed . :icon_lol:

Do you not understand the idea of somebody speaking in generalities?

That has nothing to do with this. You tried to defend Diaz's lack of communication by saying no one in their right mind would answer every single text or call their boss made to them. I agree. But you've got to agree that if your boss left multiple messages/texts about something important, and you NEVER got back to them, that you'd get shitcanned. And rightfully so. Most jobs, if you take off and don't get back to them in a couple of days tops, you're out.

Because he has a manager. Managers are the ones who deal with fight promoters. Its what they are paid for.

Dana is getting in the way of him smoking weed.
Don't blow the mans high. I wouldn't pick up if my boss was calling lol

Exactly what I was thinking. Dudes stoned out of his gord, doesn't wanna talk business with his boss.

joe-dirt.jpg

Might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Man, it's a Diaz, ya stick 'em in a cage, you drop 'em in rings, they fight, they don't text.

Brought back memories :D Nothin like Joe Dirt dishing out some common sense

I'm a frustrated-for-lack-of-finishes GSP fan and have no love for Diaz, but I'm certain Nick's not afraid of the fight. Figure he just can't be bothered to follow the leader with the politics. Should be a good fight. Hoping GSP wins with more spark though.

Nick, what's' happening. Yeah were gonna need you to come in for the pre-fight promotion conference, if you can just fly on here that would be great. Thanks Nick.

This news is kind of old, but haven't heard anything about it since. Apparently contracts have been signed (according to Cesar Gracie.)

I don't know what's going to happen, I really hope Nick doesn't skip this press conference and costs himself another title fight. Of course, I would be quite upset/pissed off that Nick would duck another press conference with GSP, and it would mean that Diaz is basically ducking Georges (and you guys know I'm a HUGE Diaz fan and always support and back them in shitty situations) but I won't have anything to say if Nick does this again. I won't stop rooting for him though.

He doesn't lose me as a fan if he skips the press conference again, not one bit. I'll always be a huge supporter no matter what.

lol diaz did text back. "im training bitch". dana hasnt heard from him since.

If I wasn't on good terms with Dana, I wouldn't want to talk to him either.

DW: For fucks sake Nick, get to the fucking press conference with GS fucking P or you're fucking fired. And I fucking mean it. No more fucking swticheroos of fucking opponents. Do you wanna be a fucking fighter?...........I think that fucker fucking hung up.

i lost

joe-dirt.jpg

thats great, I read that hearing joe dirts voice in my head. :)

This has to be a fake story. Why would Dana be trying to contact a fighter directly instead of his manager? Makes no sense.

If Dana really is trying to contact Nick directly, bypassing his manager, then i can't fault him for not responding. Fighters get managers so they don't have to answer the damn phone.

This has to be a fake story. Why would Dana be trying to contact a fighter directly instead of his manager? Makes no sense.

If Dana really is trying to contact Nick directly, bypassing his manager, then i can't fault him for not responding. Fighters get managers so they don't have to answer the damn phone.

It's not a fake story.....it came up at one of the media scrums. Dana threw an off the cuff remark about "Nick never returns my calls"

Last edited by a moderator:
If Nick is smart, he'll speak to Dana via his brother Nate. Dana loves him some Nate, because unlike Nick, Nate is usually a true pro inside and outside of the cage (although that EliteXC/Strikeforce incident makes me doubt my assessment of that).

Hey look, more experts on what's going on in a fighters mind and life.

Back