How Clean Do you Keep Your Car

Super clean. No food is allowed to be eaten in my car. No beverages, except those that have a cap, can be transported. I vacuums it out fairly frequently, and wash it with the same frequency.

This would be a little different if I drove a lot. But I used to take the bus everywhere before the pandemic, and my car was there just for fun or in case I missed the bus. I bet if I drove it a lot more, it would be harder to keep clean. Right now, I only have to clean and wash it every few months.

The outside gets cleaned every 4 months probably.

The inside isn't terrible, most rubbish gets thrown away when I get home.

I usually wipe up all the jizz staining on my seats, ceiling and dashboard.

But when the stuff gets into the vents it makes it more difficult to keep clean. Obviously

Reactions: Zer
Brand new car, so no longer leaving fast food receipts lying around for ages.

The other day, noticed the passenger side footmat was squished forward as if someone was looking for crystal meth hidden under it.

In the summer pretty clean.... after Christmas til about the end of March not very

Not very.

Getting a brand new car in a few days and this time things will be different.

Reactions: Zer
My parking space is under a large tree.

So I put water over it every few days and I have to pick bits from the windscreen before I drive. I don't clean it more than that, because birds like to shit on shiny things. It's also taken a few scratches on the left side, due to some unknown twat clipping it whilst it was parked in my parking space at my previous address.

Inside? Aside from the odd wipe, around four years.

I own a Kia Rio, 2013, 30,000 miles with one previous owner. It's my first car and I'm attached to it, but I'll be getting a new car, that I'll treat a lot better, once I move property, that I'll treat a lot better.

Once a month, it’s a company car so I have to. But by the time it gets cleaned there are plenty of empty bottles and protein bar wrappers as well as road sand.

I am insanely tidy. The car is always clean inside. Weather is too bad where I live to keep the exterior clean. Glaciers make the air dusty as hell. Shit shows up on radar. Wash your car one day it’ll be covered in dust the next.

Alaska_TMO_2009303.jpg

No trash in it and dust free. The outside I rarely wash however.

I am a relatively slothful person by nature, especially when it comes to keeping things clean. My car is no exception.

I have a (questionably good) habit of flossing my teeth while I drive with one of those little plastic flossers. When I'm done, I'll usually put it in my cup holder -- even if there's no cup.

I just looked through my car today and my car is literally covered with these small flossers. Easily 30 of them scattered in the back of my car.

TLDR you might get AIDS if you go into my car.

Work truck is terrible. Family car is spotless.

I am borderline anal retentive about keeping my truck clean. I just recently, clay barred, polished and waxed mine. I usually wash it on a weekly basis.

I would like @Clippy to share his experiences.

My car is absolutely disgusting

A few years ago I got into a car crash and when I got my car back from the shop it was clean to the gills

I'm thinking of crashing again on purpose to get a free cleaning

My car is absolutely disgusting

A few years ago I got into a car crash and when I got my car back from the shop it was clean to the gills

I'm thinking of crashing again on purpose to get a free cleaning

You can get a pro detailing for like 100 bucks, probably cheaper than an accident.

I keep a bag in the passenger, it takes a long time to fill it and throw it away

every once in a while I'll spray some Lysol or clean with disinfecting wipe, but thats many months apart

Back