How can you say Jon Jones isn't the GOAT?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Jon is the best of all time. GOAT. What is the question?

well i think everyone on that list has fought at multiple weight classes against bigger opponents (cept aldo but Mcgregor was bigger) Jones has always had the size advantage and has been caught using PEDs. Even with the cocaine in the 1st dc fight he said he had been on cocaine (cocaine is a PED imo) he had suspect test with Low T. He had the incident were people said he hid from USADA under the ring. While i think he still one of the most skilled fighters you always gonna wonder how much the PEDs helped in some of these fights.

download-262x325.jpg

Jones biggest test is cormier and needed steroids to beat him. Maybe jones would eventually lose like the real goats except we won't know because he can't finish his career, cause hes a scared cheater lol

If we are going to say dj isn't in the running due to his "loss" against cejudo then we should be realistic about who won the Gus vs Jones fight

For a lot of critics, it really is all about the drugs and the fact that many of Jone's most notable wins were against so called Old Gaurd LHW fighters who were by and large shot by the time Jones faced them. And the multiple drug busts put into suspicion some of his wins before USADA laid down the law and started their strict enforcement. Given the physique he's had throughout his career, we can't discount the possibility he was using various illicit drugs through his whole LHW title reign, including the first fight with Cormier.

It's also why Anderson is often considered still in the all time best tier, naturally, but is much less often included in discussions of the one true greatest ever. It's now largely become a battle between GSP and Fedor.

Feels like these threads are done almost on a daily basis here on Sherdog but then I guess Bones has so much free time on his hands given his status after failing tests...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back