How can you not like Cody Gabrandt after this video?

I'm hoping Cody can pull it off. But Dom's hard to hit and if he can avoid TJ's bombs for 5 rounds then it's going to be a tough task for Cody to hit the chin.
I think Dom is going to school him, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cody improves faster than I think he will and makes it competitive or even wins. He doesn't have the footwork of TJ, or the experience - but he's a better pure puncher and I think he's a faster better combination puncher in the pocket. Add that with underrated footwork and a willingness to throw heat and it's not a shocker if he pulls off a win. Outside of TJ, the last time Dom fought a decent puncher was when he beat up Brian Bowles (not including the smaller Benavidez here who still gave him all he could handle), who I think Cody is a vastly superior version of.

You can tell Cody is a tool to most people. His pussy comment that was awkwardly received is the best example. Honestly I don't hate him but he is for sure a tool which isn't received well by many. Also I think he silently got owned by Dom

He's just bad at trash talk and not super well spoken in these joint interviews. You can tell he's a pretty normal guy trying too hard at times. I think a lot of people hate him for unreasonable reasons, like neck tattoos and being a "bro", which is cool we all hate athletes for unreasonable reasons at times - what gets me is when people try to convince themselves that a guy that never met is a douche, a terrible person, whitetrash etc.

can you never ever not not dislike him sometimes?

I think prime Dom beats Cody, but I don't know how badly Dom's knees are compromised.

ortizgnp said:
A good guy who gets completely shit on by nerds because the neck tattoo triggers them.

Also lmao at the manlet comments. Insecure weirdos that got bullied in schooll, and feel threatened by Cody, because he reminds them of said, bully.

I don't know what's goin' on in your head, mate, but that's a textbook heart-warming story if ever I heard one. Are you a closet fiddy kiddler?
Congrats on posting the creepiest comment in already creepy as fuck thread.

I think prime Dom beats Cody, but I don't know how badly Dom's knees are compromised.

And he was getting beat TF up by TJ. He actually lost to TJ, but of course, Dom fanboys will never admit it.

OK that was a nice video. If he lifted ths little boys spirits and motivated to finish his chemo than he did a real good thing and thumbs up to him for that

Sad to see all the "cody does this for likes" bs. Anyways.. The kid seemed to appreciate him tons and thats all that matters. Not some skank hunt69 opinion. I liked the fact that cody engaged cruz while cruz was staying "analyst" then ceuz went on to decimate him verbally. I have a stramge feeling he will drop cruz a la faber style but. He wont gather his head as easy. No doubt cody could be an ass but he got his shot

I know, it is like truth hurts ffs!

The truth:

"In January, after bantamweight Cody Garbrandt made good in his UFC debut against Marcus Brimage at UFC 182, he dedicated his performance to a little boy in the audience who had battled leukemia for the last three-and-a-half years. That boy’s name was Maddux Maple. He was at the MGM Grand that night with his father, Mic, to watch his hero realize a dream.

It was a storybook set-up, though, in which the triumph very poignantly extended both ways. While living in the small-town of Uhrichsville, Ohio, there had been a promise between Garbrandt and Maddux Maple that went like this: If Maddux promised to beat cancer, Garbrandt promised he would make it to the UFC. Garbrandt had been a troubled youth who found his inspiration in Maddux. Maddux saw the local fighter Garbrandt as a hero.

They made the pact.

Both incredibly lived up to their ends of the bargain, which you can read about here. Maddux’s leukemia is in remission, and Garbrandt made it to the UFC. In that story, Maddux’s father said that his son’s ultimate dream was to one day walk Garbrandt out to the Octagon."

Insecure weirdos that got bullied in schooll, and feel threatened by Cody, because he reminds them of said, bully.

Who the fuck got bullied by tryhard hipsters? When I was in school, people like Cody got thrown in dumpsters.

just because he does one thing for the camera doesn't mean the guy isnt a complete cock head.

The truth:

"In January, after bantamweight Cody Garbrandt made good in his UFC debut against Marcus Brimage at UFC 182, he dedicated his performance to a little boy in the audience who had battled leukemia for the last three-and-a-half years. That boy’s name was Maddux Maple. He was at the MGM Grand that night with his father, Mic, to watch his hero realize a dream.

It was a storybook set-up, though, in which the triumph very poignantly extended both ways. While living in the small-town of Uhrichsville, Ohio, there had been a promise between Garbrandt and Maddux Maple that went like this: If Maddux promised to beat cancer, Garbrandt promised he would make it to the UFC. Garbrandt had been a troubled youth who found his inspiration in Maddux. Maddux saw the local fighter Garbrandt as a hero.

They made the pact.

Both incredibly lived up to their ends of the bargain, which you can read about here. Maddux’s leukemia is in remission, and Garbrandt made it to the UFC. In that story, Maddux’s father said that his son’s ultimate dream was to one day walk Garbrandt out to the Octagon."
awww how can you not well up with tears at reading this.

he really might be the Lil Platinum we need.

just because he does one thing for the camera doesn't mean the guy isnt a complete cock head.

It's not for the camera. Cody and Maddux met before Cody even was in the UFC.

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with some of you people

Only Here for Attachmentsthst: 125385989 said:
Who the fuck got bullied by tryhard hipsters? When I was in school, people like Cody got thrown in dumpsters.

Lol did you flinch while typing this?

Quit pounding your your keyboard.

Last edited:
The truth:

They made the pact.

When he shaves his head I will be a fan.

No. It's pretty lame to come on to a forum where we struggle to get fair discussion and dialogue about differences of opinion, and then call that video "thinly veiled" and "pathetic", that does not make you smart. And nearly 600 posts a month of like-quality doesn't bode well for your intelligence either
Ur way to smart and sensible for sherdog must be a challenge to find someone to hold a conversation with. No sarcasm

Back