Opinion How can we truly end Mexico's cartels and drug wars?

How can we truly end Mexico's cartels and drug wars?
Haven't read the thread, but the solution is to legalise drugs, treat them as a health issue, support addicts to get off drugs as they want/need. It would take time, but the criminals would end up being swamped by the legitimate supply chain.

1- have the actual state WANT to end It

2- do things that citiziens will not like. Wich is'nt generic "kill criminals" that citiziens will not be SO outraged to see... more like attack the customer.
Mandatory medical test say you assumed drugs, you get HUGE punishment

You kill drug dealers other people will fill same position few days after... You kill the market you break the game

But

1- (some politician of) all states gain something from highly organized/rich crime, so point 1 die

2- citiziens will cry at muh freedom/state ruined me and quickly hate anti-drugs laws more than they hate drugs

Short version, unless you're a very motivated dictator with absolute power, you can't

I just can't wait until China does a blitzkrieg through Europe (like NAZI Germany) and Portugal rises up with it's military strength to defend the free world.

Oh, wait. No. That's not going to happen because they are a bunch of low cognition drug addicts that can't defend shit. Enemies of the west want western countries to pacify themselves with drugs. That is why some eastern countries produce large quantities of Opium while it remains illegal for their own citizens to use it.
Lol, the only thing preventing China from sweeping across Europe, to the Atlantic, having already gone through Russia or all the 'stans and EVERY European country to get to the South Western most point, is the might of Portugal. But having legalised drugs (so now everyone is on drugs even though drug harm has come way down), little Portugal won't be able to stand up and 'defend the free world'. Cool Story Bro.

Last edited:
We can't. Only when the Mexican people decide they don't want to live under a narco state will it change.

Quoted for truth. The mexican people (corruption culture) and its government are too corrupt for this. I've read some crazy estimates about the drug trade and Mexico's GDP. Sometimes upwards of 20% (although that would be pretty incredible) . Part of me speculates that the problem is too ingrained and only a total collapse to a narco state would be part of the solution.

Legalization will likely never happen

Cutting off the capital through the banking system is never going to happen.

Strong borders won't stop the problem although it might force the Mexican people to deal with the situation if the US relief valve isn't there anymore.

In Brazil it's not legalized but what happened is that so called militias(in fact, they're mafias) have taken over many favelas(Ghettos). They kill anybody doing or selling drugs or stealing but they extort people for protection and sell abusive basic services like cooking gas and pirate cable tv. The same would happen in Mexico.
The only way is the Sri Lanka way. For decades Sri Lanka tried to fight the Tamil Tigers without success, they made deals, they called for the UN, they tried to educate the people. It didn't work, a massive artillery barrage followed by infantry did the job.
Cartels members need to be killed like ISIS terrorists. Police needs to be increased and be placed everywhere. Corrupt officers should be executed.

Sri Lanka's way was genocide. In 2009 , tens of thousands of Tamil civilians took shelter in Red Cross designated safe zones. The Red Cross gave the coordinates of the safe zone to the Sri Lankan military so that the military would know where not to bomb. The Sri Lankan military used the coordinates to unleash artillery on the safe zone where the civilians were all seeking refuge, killing over 40,000.

The Sri Lankan civil war is not an apt comparison because the majority ethnic group in Sri Lanka started a pogrom on the minority Tamils, which is what started the civil war. The Sri Lankan was waging a scorched earth policy, torture, disappearances, and killings of civilains from the start. They only won in the end because the ethnic minority ran out of people to bear arms and neighboring countries all supported the Sri Lankan government. The only reason the Taleban is able to kill coalition forces and capture ground is because the Pakistan government and society supports them. Without the Pakistani support the Taleban would have long been destroyed. ISIS got soo strong because they had support from Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, other GCC countries and Iraqi Sunnis. When ISIS lost its international support and some Sunni tribes turned against them, they lost. MArmed groups need local allies and other nations to support them.

The US has been spending decades killing and imprisoning drug dealers and not a dam thing was achieved. Trying to kill off drug dealers and manufactuers is like trying to outlaw alcohol. Just legalize it for adults . Adults should have the right to consume dam near anything they want , that is what freedom is about.

Mexico would need to become a police state for some time, not this quasi democracy where corruption is through the roof.

they should suspend all civil rights, massive arrests of all those affiliated with cartels n in worse case scenario have death squads getting rid of anybody affiliated with cartels.

basically any type of cartel affiliation would be a death sentence
Sri Lanka's way was genocide. In 2009 , tens of thousands of Tamil civilians took shelter in Red Cross designated safe zones. The Red Cross gave the coordinates of the safe zone to the Sri Lankan military so that the military would know where not to bomb. The Sri Lankan military used the coordinates to unleash artillery on the safe zone where the civilians were all seeking refuge, killing over 40,000.

The Sri Lankan civil war is not an apt comparison because the majority ethnic group in Sri Lanka started a pogrom on the minority Tamils, which is what started the civil war. The Sri Lankan was waging a scorched earth policy, torture, disappearances, and killings of civilains from the start. They only won in the end because the ethnic minority ran out of people to bear arms and neighboring countries all supported the Sri Lankan government. The only reason the Taleban is able to kill coalition forces and capture ground is because the Pakistan government and society supports them. Without the Pakistani support the Taleban would have long been destroyed. ISIS got soo strong because they had support from Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, other GCC countries and Iraqi Sunnis. When ISIS lost its international support and some Sunni tribes turned against them, they lost. MArmed groups need local allies and other nations to support them.

The US has been spending decades killing and imprisoning drug dealers and not a dam thing was achieved. Trying to kill off drug dealers and manufactuers is like trying to outlaw alcohol. Just legalize it for adults . Adults should have the right to consume dam near anything they want , that is what freedom is about.

That is what I am saying. The US or Mexico either goes Stalin or Mao and you kill everyone involved with drugs or cartels and cartel members families and imprison them and torture. That works and you give pay raises to the police snd military and you create a police state.

Mexico may actually do this but I doubt the US will anytime soon

So the question is does legalization really work? Others make good points that it doesnt always

I just can't wait until China does a blitzkrieg through Europe (like NAZI Germany) and Portugal rises up with it's military strength to defend the free world.

Oh, wait. No. That's not going to happen because they are a bunch of low cognition drug addicts that can't defend shit. Enemies of the west want western countries to pacify themselves with drugs. That is why some eastern countries produce large quantities of Opium while it remains illegal for their own citizens to use it.

This is a good point. I have noticed this as well

Promoting marijuana even everywhere or day drinking women talk shows is not a good thing for society.

Most western women on the down low seem to be alcoholics
No, I realize our society is filled with low cognition drones, produced by our educational system, that don't weigh the consequences.

What do you propose?

Lol, the only thing preventing China from sweeping across Europe, to the Atlantic, having already gone through Russia or all the 'stans and EVERY European country to get to the South Western most point, is the might of Portugal. But having legalised drugs (so now everyone is on drugs even though drug harm has come way down), little Portugal won't be able to stand up and 'defend the free world'. Cool Story Bro.
There was a point in there somewhere. You missed it.

This is a good point. I have noticed this as well

Promoting marijuana even everywhere or day drinking women talk shows is not a good thing for society.

Most western women on the down low seem to be alcoholics

What do you propose?
That is tough question to answer. A large sect of our society is rotten to the core in so many ways because they are poisoned with bad messages in our educational system and the media, and that has been a growing problem for decades. It's difficult to undo that kind of socialization though when it has reached a large sect of our population. All we can do is try to change the messages in all media platforms and our educational system, and inquire with our kids about what they are learning and correct as needed. I don't want to sound like "that guy," but I become more and more like the "get off my lawn" type every day. I can't believe where we have landed.

They only won in the end because the ethnic minority ran out of people to bear arms and neighboring countries all supported the Sri Lankan government.
That's what Mexico needs to do. Kill everybody who wants to join a cartel. They already have the second thing going for them, everybody opposes cartels.
You're exaggerating, though, there are still a lot of Tamils in Sri Lanka. The last war killed around 40 thousand Tamils. They may lose more to Coronavirus.

That's what Mexico needs to do. Kill everybody who wants to join a cartel. They already have the second thing going for them, everybody opposes cartels.
You're exaggerating, though, there are still a lot of Tamils in Sri Lanka. The last war killed around 40 thousand Tamils. They may lose more to Coronavirus.
The Sri Lankan military didn't limit the killing to armed Tamils, they deliberately bombarded civilian Tamils who sought refugee at the Red Cross designated camp. The Red Cross gave the military the coordinates so that the military would not accidentally bomb the refugee camp. The military used to coordinates to artillery bombard the camp.

The war killed much more than 40,000 Tamils. The 40K figure is just from 2009 from the artilery slaughter of the refugee camp. Many Tamil civilians were also gang raped by the military.

Tamils still existing in Sri Lanka does not mean there wasn't a deliberate attempt at pogroms and genocide against them. There are still Yezidis in Iraq but everyone agrees that ISIS waged genocide on them. There are still Melanesians in East Timor but Indonesia still waged a genocidal war against them, slaughtering 250,000.

Your comparison would be apt if the Mexican military mass slaughtered Indegenous Mexican civilians or Mestizo civilians just because 0.1 % were in a cartel.

Then shoot him in the head. Winning!!

Decriminalization is the only option. Anyone saying otherwise is either uninformed, has skin in the game or is an authorotarian. People are always going to indulge their vices and the inherently victimless ones should be decriminalized and regulated.

The question was "How can we truly end mexicos cartels and drug wars?" Sometimes it takes an authoritarian to get shit done. Yes people will indulge their vices but if those vices aren't available then they can't. Also, there isn't a "victimless" vice except I guess you could argue pot is pretty harmless. Every harder drug is going to produce victims either directly or indirectly.

Send in special ops from the US, merk the cartels and absorb Mexico as a new state.

Send in special ops from the US, merk the cartels and absorb Mexico as a new state.
Also call Trudeau and tell Canada were going to war with them. Trudeau will surrender instantly and boom Canada is ours.

That is tough question to answer. A large sect of our society is rotten to the core in so many ways because they are poisoned with bad messages in our educational system and the media, and that has been a growing problem for decades. It's difficult to undo that kind of socialization though when it has reached a large sect of our population. All we can do is try to change the messages in all media platforms and our educational system, and inquire with our kids about what they are learning and correct as needed. I don't want to sound like "that guy," but I become more and more like the "get off my lawn" type every day. I can't believe where we have landed.

The only thing stronger than the addiction economy is social pressure.

Exactly. That is our best hope.

Pretty much everything out there is trying to break down social mores and make the exercise of healthy social pressure illegitimate -it is either "bullying" or "discrimination" (both of which are good). You either have walls outside the city, or walls inside the city, but you can't have no walls.

Back