How can this not be the next Fights for Welterweight

Snakebake

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Tyron woodley vs Wonderboy title bout

co main Diaz vs Lawler for the titleshot

you know it makes sense!

Yeah ... whats up with these Champions picking fights ?

Woodley vs Diaz is the money fight. The UFC is all about making money.

Lawler vs Thompson can happen on the same card. They both wanted that fight anyway.

This is a win/win for everyone.

Diaz anywhere near a title shot makes no sense; you don't want a known suspension risk in a title fight because if he wins the fight, then pisses hot, he's going to get suspended for a very long time.

Yeah ... whats up with these Champions picking fights ?

I agree.... its not like Conor is fighting at 145 for his next fight and cherry picking his opponents in order to duck 145.

Oh wait that is exactly what Conor is doing.

Diaz anywhere near a title shot makes no sense; you don't want a known suspension risk in a title fight because if he wins the fight, then pisses hot, he's going to get suspended for a very long time.

Hendo is fighting for the title. Enough said.

I was just about to post something but suddenly I smell mac and cheese in the background and forget all my thoughts and have to go investigate.

If Nick wants that fight he is not doing it on 3 weeks or w/e it is , not like he will hold back on how he feels about it , He has not said 1 word about fighting again in years so I'll be interested to see what he thinks about it .

I agree.... its not like Conor is fighting at 145 for his next fight and cherry picking his opponents in order to duck 145.

Oh wait that is exactly what Conor is doing.
Champions shouldnt pick fights , even if they are being smart about it, imo they are dishonouring themselfes and disrespecting the contenders.

Hendo is fighting for the title. Enough said.
Hendo's never been suspended, so I'm not sure how he's a suspension risk; meanwhile, Diaz has been suspended 3 times, once in PRIDE and twice in the UFC.

Diaz is barely back from his suspension. No way he should get a title shot. We are talking about UFC logic though, so makes sense.

These are definitely the 2 fights to make. A lot of people have wanted to see the Lawler vs Diaz rematch for a while, but you couldn't really justify giving Diaz a title shot, this is now the perfect opportunity. Also, no-one deserves a title shot more than Wonderboy.

Dunno what Woodley's been smoking, but there's no way in hell Diaz would fight him in 3 weeks anyway

Back