how can this guy get choked out by joe rogan in 3 seconds

uhm, the guy gaving rogan the chance to sink it perfectly before applying full pressure instantly might have had soemthing to do with it.

Kawlinz said:
uhm, the guy gaving rogan the chance to sink it perfectly before applying full pressure instantly might have had soemthing to do with it.

Yeh & if you look at Joe he does seem like he is squeezing with alot of force. You can see him adjusting even his hand at the back perfectly to sink it deep.

He wasn't resisting. a choke only takes a few seconds to put you out.

EDIT: though that was a bit fast even considering....

It did seem a little fast, but consider this:

1. The guy was not pulling on Rogan's arm to loosen it. Typically everyone does this in practice which makes it take a little longer.

2. The guy is not trained and probably has a weak neck. BJJ strengthens your neck and makes you a little more resistant to chokes than the average guy.

3. Joe sunk the choke perfectly and then applied full pressure.

I can see it only taking three seconds under these conditions. The sudden shock of disturbing the blood flow is capable of doing this. It's the same way you can knock someone out by chopping the side of their neck hard.

not to many months ago I did the same thing to a friend who wanted to see what it was like, I had him sit down and close his eyes, fully relax and just let go, the only condition was that he held one hand up and would tap three times when he thought he would be near passing out.
Well, my other frind their timed us, and it took less than five seconds. At three he tapped my arm once, but passed out, unable to even tap again.
This looks like pretty much the same situation at the same speed.

Face it, Rogan is the world's greatest grappler ever.

It was a little fast, but everyone reacts differently. People in my class passed out within 5-10 seconds usually when they were applied.

Back