How Can The Media Not Call Out Chael On His Steroid BS Stance Against Wand???

He goes ON AND ON about how he always knew Wand was juicing,...WITHOUT ONE QUESTION ABOUT HIS OWN PROVEN STEROID USE.
Proven steroid use?
Tell me what illegal substance Chael Sonnen has ever tested positive for.
Go ahead, I'll wait.

The guy was on TRT. He didn't file his paperwork in time. He made sure the commission guys were aware of the situation before he was tested.
Case closed.

To go from a simple paperwork issue to straight "Herpa-derp he's juicing, zomfg! so many 'roids, much cheat!" is blatantly dishonest.

They are now both proven cheaters (not that I care, I personally don't believe steroids to be cheating), so anytime one of them brings up cheating they should always be asked about their past.

When you get caught doing something wrong you are supposed to surrender your right to criticize others for doing the same.

Jackie-Chan-Meme-Template.jpg

Well he has been questioned about a billion times about his TRT, so there is that... Also he was getting his roids from a doctor, and Wand has clearly been getting his from less legitimate suppliers.

They are now both proven cheaters (not that I care, I personally don't believe steroids to be cheating), so anytime one of them brings up cheating they should always be asked about their past.

When you get caught doing something wrong you are supposed to surrender your right to criticize others for doing the same.

One has been proven the other is still speculation.

Proven steroid use?
Tell me what illegal substance Chael Sonnen has ever tested positive for.
Go ahead, I'll wait.

The guy was on TRT. He didn't file his paperwork in time. He made sure the commission guys were aware of the situation before he was tested.
Case closed.

To go from a simple paperwork issue to straight "Herpa-derp he's juicing, zomfg! so many 'roids, much cheat!" is blatantly dishonest.

This.

Most of the folks on this thread have no idea what happened. Smhh, educate yourselves on the situation y'all. Especially ts, if you're gona accuse a fighter of cheating.

TS, technically testosterone is part of the steroid family. He hasn't ever tested positive for any other "steroid" though. There is a difference. Once your body naturally produces, and is bio-identical when taken with a prescription. The others are all endogenous to the male body.

You gotta love the revisionist history on Sherdog...

"Proven steroid use?Tell me what illegal substance Chael Sonnen has ever tested positive for.Go ahead, I'll wait."
"One has been proven the other is still speculation"
"Most of the folks on this thread have no idea what happened."
"He hasn't ever tested positive for any other "steroid" though."

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=5604439

LOS ANGELES -- The California State Athletic Commission suspended UFC middleweight title contender Chael Sonnen for one year Wednesday after revealing he tested positive for steroids following a loss to Anderson Silva last month in Oakland.

CSAC executive officer George Dodd said Sonnen's drug test revealed an abnormally high testosterone-to-estrogen level, an indicator of steroid use. A second test showed similar results.

Pwned.

TRT/HGH/Steroids are all performance enhancers - is Sonnen on TRT any worse or better than Sonnen on Diaretics? Or Sonnen on Anavar? Can't we just admit that all these drugs are in a shady grey area where they have crossed the line from being "slightly beneficial" to "drastically beneficial" and trying to place distinctions between them becomes meaningless?

Everybody is taking whatever they can get away with and anyone who knows anything about fighting knows that's the way it has always been. Doesn't make it right, just makes it the way it is.

My only issue is that the media is giving Chael a platform to bash steroid abuse without calling BS; this is the equivalent of giving Chase CEO Jamie Dimon a platform to bash credit-swaps and financial de-regulation.

You're talking in circles and using ESPN as a source is hilarious

You're inability to understand the basics of journalism is hilarious - see the top of the story?

Associated Press

See the bottom of the story?

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

It's an AP story, it's just been re-posted by ESPN. Even though ESPN has been proven as a legit source for spots news and is a widely accepted legit news source (except to internet fanboys and trolls).

Chael is a media darling, the guy gives great sound bites.

may the next to least best man win

Your*. If you're going to try to be holier-than-thou at least feign intelligence.

I won't go into the joke that TMZSPN is. These are the facts. Chael Sonnen has never tested positive for steroids. It never happened. You said that it happened and multiple people called you out on being factually incorrect. Instead of owning up to your mistake you buried your argument in the "well TRT/Steroids/etc. are all the same" like any vapid fool would.

YOUR argument is a joke.

A bunch of ass lickers

That's why

Wand fans are just up to stage 2 in the 5 Stages Of Grief.

#2 - Anger.

Pointing fingers at anyone except Wand.

Back