How can the man who got outstruck by Khabib, possibly beat Conor McGregor on the feet????

I agree, Conor =/= Conor that got submitted by Duffy. Likewise RDA =/= RDA that was out struck by Khabib.
People improve, if they didn't Conor would not be the FW champ and RDA would not be the LW champ.
well, that's just it. People do improve and the Khabib fight is much more recent for RDA. Idk that he's improved that drastically since then. I still don't see a RDA vs. Khabib matchup going any different.

why do ppl think this is possible that the man who got outstruck almost DOUBLE by Khabib, is gonna have any chance against Conor, the GOAT striker on the feet????

I dont see RDA lasting more than 2 minutes before he is knocked out with his head taken clean off by the King.

(and fyi, this fight was just months before he won the belt)

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Rafael dos Anjos

Striking:
- Khabib (97 significant strikes) | Rafael (56 significant strikes)

Ground and Pound:
- Khabib (21 significant strikes) | Rafael (1 significant strike)

This is why we can't have nice things.

They should have a newbie section on this forum, especially considering the fact that there are guys like TS who don't even understand how the TD threat can alter a fight…

To paraphrase: How can Anderson possibly beat Vitor on the feet when he got out struck by Sonnen…

I think Conor has a good chance to win, but this thread is horrible

HardtofindWeirdHermitcrab.gif

RDA is such a sloppy striker, he looks like a typical Rafael Cordeiro student, all arms wide and swinging. Anyone who thinks he beats Conor on the feet is insane, he is not a good striker at all. Fact is he is going to have to grind Conor out to win this, he is not winning on the feet.

This thread is further evidence that most Conor fans are simple minded and have no clue what their talking about. Yeah, let's just throw away the fact that Khabib has amazing wrestling. TS, things are not as simple as you say. You might know that had you actuallly watched more fights besides Conor and RDA's.

McGregor is going to KO RDA in the 1st/2nd round.
Also although Khabib outstruck RDA most of it is wrestling I don't RDA's wrestling a lot as the main people he outwrestled were strikers who can't fight on the ground.

RDA has been able to apply a solid gameplan in his recent fights, but it would be very dangerous to chase Mcgregor like he did with Cerrone. I could see it play out like the ending of Trujillo vs. Varner. When that is said and done, both of these fighters have a way of winning this fight, but they both have to be very cautious with their gameplans. I can't wait to see this fight, and I just hope that it will go atleast 2-3 rounds.

But it really looks like Mcgregor has a way of transfering some of his own insecurities on to his fans. These McGregor appreciation thread every day is just silly guys :) The people who make these threads are not looking for a debate on the fight (it's a lost cause). They just want to gather all the McGregor nuthuggers in one big handholding circle to comfort each other in their worst nightmare of McGregor loosing. Then in the end, all these threads would have amount to absolutely nothing.

P.S.
McGregor is an awesomely skilled fighter, but he's is not the only one.

RDA is such a sloppy striker, he looks like a typical Rafael Cordeiro student, all arms wide and swinging. Anyone who thinks he beats Conor on the feet is insane, he is not a good striker at all. Fact is he is going to have to grind Conor out to win this, he is not winning on the feet.

Old School Chute Box. Looping punches, knees, and soccer kicks.... those were the days

Conor can get caught in the scramble worrying about the takedown very easily. In a straight standup fight conor would probably win but threat of that ground game changes everything

That finish of Cerrone in their rematch was extremely sloppy. But, RDA knew he had him hurt with that body kick which looked like it landed near his liver, so he swarmed all over him. He should've been patient though because even a badly hurt fighter can counter the other and end their night, especially a big puncher. McGregor's higher fight IQ never has him swarming a fighter so recklessly even when he knows they're hurt, he's always patient while he continues to chip away until it's wrapped up.

That Khabib could outstruck Connor too. That level of grappling can make the difference

As Pettis said there are no easy fights in the top 5 at lightweight.

jesus that's nearly as bad as Ronda vs Bethe

if he tries doing that against Mcgregor he's gonna get "slept"
Not if Conor is badly hurt and in defense mode. And that's exactly what happened vs Cerrone, he wasn't wild until he had him hurt.

Why do I keep opening these bat shit crazy threads? I don't know, just do.

Not if Conor is badly hurt and in defense mode. And that's exactly what happened vs Cerrone, he wasn't wild until he had him hurt.
aye I was definitely exaggerating .. RDA brutalised the poor guy, just some of those hooks look so bad

Back