How can Thai fighters fight so many fights?

Wow thread is almost 10yr old.
Sure that TS gets it now

Or it likely has to do with them being poor as fuck and needing money to put food on the table by any means necessary.

yeah, and i see a bunch of fatasses everywhere. and this is in California! god knows what the Midwest looks like.

avg american male is 5'9 190lbs...avg woman is 5'4 160lbs. if thats not fat, i dont know what is. mind you thats the average. some 300+lb'ers out there...

why?

As a guy that was born and raised in California... gimme the Midwest ANY day. People are way nicer and a quarter the number of weird asses.
Further, Midwest folks are far tougher and less whiny; prob has to do with the brutal winters.

Old thread I know but I live in Pattaya and have trained at the gyms here I think it's that they are trained as kids do mostly pad work and very little hard sparring because of the fact that they fight alot.

Also by the time the world at large starts to know about these fighters they are the best. We dont know about the boys that got injured and couldnt continue or out of the thousands that try constantly we only know a few is what I mean. There are some less famous fighters Ive seen who dont have massive records or losing records but they still fight to provide and their bodys suffer but its a way of life out there. Big respect
Big hespect*

In all seriousness, this was a decent bump. Some solid info in here that's (probably) still relevant

What makes combat sports taxing is the training especially "fight camp".

When you are fighting as often as Thai fighters do there isn't a need for camps. They don't burn themselves out in training.

Also, they're not nearly as worried about taking a loss because of the volume that they fight at as most nationalities are. A big obstacle in fighting frequently is fighting a "perfect" opponent, Thai's are not as picky with that and they have no problems rematching each other a billion times.

Back