How can i mantain my muscle mass

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by OuailMMA, Aug 10, 2016.

1. OuailMMA

OuailMMA White Belt

Hi guys, well i joined to an MMA gym last week and i unenrolled my current fitness gym (to afford the MMA gym which costs 60$ per month), but they don't have any fitness equipment, just crossfit bullshit (and only if you pay extra money) my question is, how can i mantain my muscle mass doing home exercises or something like calisthenia?

2. MandirigmaFit

MandirigmaFit Blue Belt

You would be surprised at how much mass you can maintain with MMA and eating a sufficient amount of protein daily.

In striking and grappling the stimulus are extremely fast/powerful contractions and against high resistances, respectively. Imagine resisting an offensive grappler and losing the battle; that would be >100% of your capabilities.

You may not look like a Powerlifters/BBer if that is what you look like now, but you definitely won't look like Cole Miller, who does triathlons, which usually puts people at an energy deficit.

With that being said, I would still join another gym for exercise to stay healthy. Reason being is that calisthenics and home exercises without the high intensity (%1RM) would most likely require high repetitions which IMO would cause a lot of wear and tear on joints, tendons and other soft tissue. MMA training is very taxing on these structures, especially as a novice.

3. OuailMMA

OuailMMA White Belt

thanks for the answer, the problem is that i can't afford to join another gym because the current one costs me around 60€ per month, i tought i could do something like calisthenia or pull up exercises, is that okay?

4. MandirigmaFit

MandirigmaFit Blue Belt

Actually Pull Ups would be great, especially if you have a back pack or a weight belt that you can put on. Try thinking of your basic movements-- lunges, push ups, deadlifts, dips, and add weight to them. For greater adaptations for strength and hypertrophy move very slowly during the eccentric portion.

Gyms can definitely take up a lot of money and time.

5. OuailMMA

OuailMMA White Belt

thanks for your help man

6. Viskovitz

Viskovitz Blue Belt

Never Gymless, by Ross Enamait. He's your guy.

7. OuailMMA

OuailMMA White Belt

eres español?

8. Viskovitz

Viskovitz Blue Belt

Si, por?

9. OuailMMA

OuailMMA White Belt

yo también

10. Viskovitz

Viskovitz Blue Belt

Mira, otro mas, xD. De donde?

En cuanto al tema en cuestión... busca por ahí el libro de Never Gymless, tiene buenas ideas para apicar, es de un entrenador de boxeadores y boxeador. Una Kettlebell pesada tambien puede ser uan buena inversión para hacer cosillas.

11. OuailMMA

OuailMMA White Belt

de Mataró (Barcelona), le echare un vistazo, es una putada que el gimnasio al que voy te cobren 50€ al mes y que para usar las mancuernas y todo es de crossfit tengas que pagar aun más. Da penilla perder todo el trabajo de 3 años pero bueno, es mi sueño llegar a ser luchador profesional de MMA.

Viskovitz likes this.