How can i get stronger without gaining weight (wrestling)

Sonny

Who and how old is he? How much does he weigh?
That'S pretty impressive.

You don't have to plateau if you don't gain weight. You can (as was said in previous posts) enhance your CNS. Example, a untrained individual can only fire 60% of his available muscle fibers, while a trained individual can fire up to 85% of all available muscle fibers and at a faster rate (by recruiting more fast-twitch fibers). The only way to fire 100% of you fibers is through electrical stimulation. So, by becoming more trained, you can fire more fibers w/out gaining weight. There are many olympic weightlifters (myself included) who stay in the same weightclass and still get stronger, sometimes a lot stronger. Criticisms/Comments would be appreciated.

Sonny said:
wk04squat230.jpg

506 lb. Squat

wk04bench147.jpg

324 lb. Bench

wk04dead222.jpg

488 lb. Dead
:eek: i wanna be like him!

Yeah, that kids a stud. He must do alot of cable and machine work to move those numbers.
Seriously, I agree with keeping the rep number very low and be extremely careful what you put into your body. Eat HEALTHY, especially if you have no calories to spare.

rickdog said:
Yeah, that kids a stud. He must do alot of cable and machine work to move those numbers.
Seriously, I agree with keeping the rep number very low and be extremely careful what you put into your body. Eat HEALTHY, especially if you have no calories to spare.

cable and machine work? Oh I get it, you're joking.....right?

Wrassler said:
the only way to get stronger is to build more muscle fiber. period. end of story. Ever see a skinny powerlifter? You do realize that their scoring is done v.s. weight right?

If it were possible to bench 600lbs and weigh 100 lbs, you would turn the powerlifting world on it's ass... it is simply not possible.

you will notice a slight strength increase as you learn to incorporate more muscle fibers, but you will reach a limit.

You will also be making more muscle fiber, but losing fat... hence getting stronger and staying the same weight.

you *WILL* plateau. this is a fact. you *WILL* have to gain weight (muscle) in order to get stronger.

last time i checked you cannot increase number of muscle fibers, everyone has the same amount, you increase your numbers of actin and myosin however

MagicWand said:
last time i checked you cannot increase number of muscle fibers, everyone has the same amount, you increase your numbers of actin and myosin however

I think there are still some who contend hyperplasia is a possbility.

I don't know, I really could care less (until I'm provided a methodology to induce hyperplasia...then I'll care).

MagicWand said:

it is possible, but extremely rare for hyperplasia to occur and im pretty sure not everyone has the exact same amount of fibres either.

Back