How can I block UFC results from my browser

the YouTube suggestions will always get you. I used to use adblock and just block out the entire sidebar and all the suggestions on the homepage. You can probably still do that. Just block out certain elements of websites with adblock for chrome

Wait really?

Also, awesome name.
No I was just bullshittin ferdaliekz. How long are you trying to avoid the results though? I have the problem of occasionally getting updates sent to my phone, which is a hassle. But I don't have problems with it on the others cuz I barely use the book, and with YouTube perhaps you could just search via Google for whatever you're looking to watch, thus avoiding their suggestions? Reddit, don't use it myself so I got nothing

I just go to mmacore and fucking refresh dat biatch until I see fights

Wtf? It is really so simple even a caveman can do it TS, it is called not going to those sites, ESPN, Youtube, FB, Reddit. I am not a caveman so I failed 2 or 3 times and was pissed when I found the results on youtube. I now wait a few hours to use youtube, Yahoo or ESPN.

You could create separate social media accounts just for following sports and log off those accounts between the event and your watching them.

Now that ESPN has taken over, the UFC headlines are really prominent. Often I am seeing them before I have a chance to see the fight myself. Is there an app or plugin that could automatically blur out fight results?

Edit: specifically referring to Youtube, FB and Reddit

You have to avoid those sites. I don't know about Reddit, but YouTube and facebook both recommend you content based on what you look at there. So if you watch or follow mma related content through your account, the recommended videos/posts will be fight results that just happened.

Stay away its the only way, i dont follow MMA media on Facebook because of the spoilers.

Now that ESPN has taken over, the UFC headlines are really prominent. Often I am seeing them before I have a chance to see the fight myself. Is there an app or plugin that could automatically blur out fight results?

Watch the fights live. The internal tracking software on your phone and router will take care of the rest

Sherdog,
the advice column.

None of which even comes close to addressing the issue.

TS, here are some options.
Incognito mode doesn't keep cookies, and you can unsubscribe from common sports stuff on youtube.
I don't have facebook so, unsubscribe mma stuff on facebook. This issue isn't limited to the ESPN deal.
It is your cookies/browser history storing information.

i don't get any MMA related stuff online without going specifically to sherdog.

Is there an app or plugin that could automatically blur out fight results?

yes, theres a special app you can download

its called "Don't open Youtube Facebook or Reddit"

<{cruzshake}>

No advice, TS.

But I've noticed that the Espn+ on xbox is like 10 seconds behind the sherdog chat during live fights, which I don't fucking understand. Should be the other way around, no?

But anyways. I read about Branch getting tapped before I even saw it happen yesterday. Weird shit

It's easy, when watching youtube video close your right eye and position your face so your nose is blocking right side of the screen with other vidoe recommendations until you go to fullscreen mode. Also be ready to unfocus your eyes at anytime in a split second - and you should be fine.
Regards from Europe.

Sherdog,
the advice column.

None of which even comes close to addressing the issue.

TS, here are some options.
Incognito mode doesn't keep cookies, and you can unsubscribe from common sports stuff on youtube.
I don't have facebook so, unsubscribe mma stuff on facebook. This issue isn't limited to the ESPN deal.
It is your cookies/browser history storing information.

i don't get any MMA related stuff online without going specifically to sherdog.

Most helpful post of the thread.

while you surff the internet, it's hard to avoid 'updates' for content you are usually consuming when you are online
it's because of the history tracking , AI and machine learning .

throw away the monitor or break the screen that you are using.

giphy.gif

Smash your phone, if you can't bring yourself to do that, Conor will do it for you.

Back