how can guillard vs varner not be maincard?

They're there as its going to be an awesome fight that will potentially get more people to buy the PPV. The prelims get double the amount of viewers than the PPV in NA.

Honestly agree but lebens a bigger name and fan favorite. Not alot of ppl like varner as he's comes off as a dildick and same for guillard not to liked wast of talent ext. I like leben better than both but their fight will probably be awesome.

Do you know anything about Erik Perez? If you do you probably know why he's on TV. Not exactly rocket science.

Perez is exciting, sure, but his only notable wins are over Ken Stone and John Albert. Bloodworth has only fought one well known fighter (Easton) and he was stopped brutally.

Guillard vs Varner is definitely the bigger fight in my opinion.

My kitties name is nightbeast. He's a son of a bitch.

They could shuffle Boestch and Philippou down the chain. Since Weidman pulled out of the fight I have no interest in watching. Boestch should be fighting Munoz or Cung Le

Card was finalized, then they were transfered. Probably deals were already done between sponsors and fighters and so on, you can't change that.

this was easy to see Dana had said this fight was going to happen but didn't want to push it too far back is all

its funny hearing people hate on varner so much on this site.

I train with him and know how hard he works and is a complete savage.

look at his resume...you think he is scared to fight guillard???

You guys should be more thankful a fighter like him gives great shows.

he is very exciting to watch

:eek:

I agree with you. I've never trained with him. I have met him thought. The company I work for used to sponsor him, still did when he was when fighting in the regional circuit. He was a really nice guy, so I'll always root for him. I do understand that there's a lot of people that don't like him based on his history.

Varner rules. Made me mad dough during his fight with Barboza.

Anyone who counts out Varner's hands is an idiot. This is a guy with DAMN GOOD striking who crushes other amazing, flashy strikers with good old fashioned textbook standup.

Because Guillard isn't as good as he is hyped to be,
plus the main reason I'm sure is:
It wouldn't be fair to bump somebody off their main card billing because Varner got sick. If a main card fight drops off at the last minute, I'm sure they will get bumped up.

the guillard vs. varner fight is very exciting...they both need this win. It's a great matchup

Because everything else was set in motion; people said the same thing bout Phan/Garcia 2 being on the main card with Pettis/Stephens and Maia/Santiago being on the prelims. Interestingly enough; both those fights ended up disappointing and Phan/Garcia got Fight of the Night.

Also, this is an exciting fight with a guaranteed finish. Leben might actually end up with ring rust so it's safer to leave it as is.

Kind of bullshit. That fight will probably not be as good as Varner/Guillard.

I agree. Its almost certain to be a brutal finish.

Even Perez vs Bloodworth is higher on the bill...

I agree, but I thought the same thing when Guillard fought Stephens.
I think the UFC is banking on a finish here, to fill time slots on the main card with.

Last edited:
Back