How can Canelo be 'Great' when..

There is something wrong with your standard. You dedicate most of your posting time to downplay one single boxer’s achievements with weak arguments. In this very thread your case is about ignoring differences in boxers primes and what we actually got to see in the ring, ignoring the rest of Alvarez’s resume, and most of all ignoring the fact that any bonehead can be picky about literally any resume in boxing history.

Its natural the most relevant boxer gets the most attention in current discussions. What we get to see 'in the ring' is relative to how good Canelo is. Cotto was past his prime factually, yet looked decent because Canelo is not as good as everyone thinks. Manny and Floyd both beat better versions of Cotto easier.

I will gladly discuss the rest of Canelo's career, and I did, when I asked who were the best prime opponents he fought. so far it seems Plant is the best one, which pales in comparison with other ATG's. You have no issue with all of his biggest names being 35+? If you don't you just exposed yourself as far more biased than me.

The irony is most around here including you, dismiss Benavidez beating Dirrell because Dirrell at 33 was too old. Friggin lol.

Its natural the most relevant boxer gets the most attention in current discussions. What we get to see 'in the ring' is relative to how good Canelo is. Cotto was past his prime factually, yet looked decent because Canelo is not as good as everyone thinks. Manny and Floyd both beat better versions of Cotto easier.

I will gladly discuss the rest of Canelo's career, and I did, when I asked who were the best prime opponents he fought. so far it seems Plant is the best one, which pales in comparison with other ATG's. You have no issue with all of his biggest names being 35+? If you don't you just exposed yourself as far more biased than me.

The irony is most around here including you, dismiss Benavidez beating Dirrell because Dirrell at 33 was too old. Friggin lol.

Several factual errors here as usual. Cotto’s Mayweather fight was way more competitive than Alvarez’s. Cotto didn’t look anywhere like a shot fighter in this one, BTW. He was the lineal MW champ and got timed and walked down by the better man. Plant, while undefeated, wasn’t as proven as the likes of Lara and Jacobs. Trout was arguably superior to him too. Hell, even Saunders has a case. GGG looked damn good against Canelo in spite of your oh-so-convenient 35 yrs rule, BTW. Your multiple standards are showing even more obviously than usual here.

« Its natural the most relevant boxer gets the most attention in current discussions. » Dude, literally no one in here but you picks the Mosley win among Alvarez’s most significant ones. That’s some serious casual take right here, and some uncanny smoothness in your switching from a hater’s to a casual’s stance.

As far as mentioning Benavidez’s achievements as a professional
in the same sentence, this is still hilarious.

I’m afraid your broken record antics aren’t very convincing, son.

Last edited:
Several factual errors here as usual. Cotto’s Mayweather fight was way more competitive than Alvarez’s. Cotto didn’t look anywhere like a shot fighter in this one, BTW. He was the lineal MW champ and got timed and walked down by the better man. Plant, while undefeated, wasn’t as proven as the likes of Lara and Jacobs. Trout was arguably superior to him too. Hell, even Saunders has a case. GGG looked damn good against Canelo in spite of your oh-so-convenient 35 yrs rule, BTW. Your multiple standards are showing even more obviously than usual here.

The scorecards vs Cotto was basically the same, despite Cotto being 3.5 years older, and Canelo as usual was favored by some idiotic judges. I'm aware GGG looked damn good, I think be beat Canelo in both fights DESPITE being 35 and past his prime. That sort of helps my point. Despite clearly picking on older fighters they still gave him good fights, you think that flatters Canelo?

Dude, literally no one in here but you picks the Mosley win among Alvarez’s most significant ones. That’s some serious casual take right here, and some uncanny smoothness in your switching from a hater’s to a casual’s stance.

Mosley is often mentioned when fan boys boast about Canelo's resume. At the end of the day his best win was a very disputed win over a 35 year old GGG. How does that justify ATG claims?

The scorecards vs Cotto was basically the same, despite Cotto being 3.5 years older, and Canelo as usual was favored by some idiotic judges. I'm aware GGG looked damn good, I think be beat Canelo in both fights DESPITE being 35 and past his prime. That sort of helps my point. Despite clearly picking on older fighters they still gave him good fights, you think that flatters Canelo?

Mosley is often mentioned when fan boys boast about Canelo's resume. At the end of the day his best win was a very disputed win over a 35 year old GGG. How does that justify ATG claims?

The scorecards were wider for Alvarez than they were for Floyd against Cotto, the dynamics of both fights were different and you know it.

GGG looked as good as ever against Alvarez. He just wasn’t fighting Matthew Macklin lol

The Mosley win is basically never brought up in here as a significant success on Canelo’s resume. Not sure why you’re hanging on to it for dear life.

If this thread was useful in any way it’s to remember that Trout, Lara, Cotto, GGG, Jacobs, Kovalev, L and C Smith, Saunders and Plant are more significant than Mosley on Alvarez’s resume. That’s 10 wins. There is a case for the likes of Kirkland, Khan, Angulo and Cintron being better wins than old Mosley. Heck, even Josesito Lopez was coming off a pretty good win in Ortiz while Mosley had just gotten piñataed by Manny. Eh, all things considered that’s quite a list, actually.

Keep reminding us of Canelo’s achievements. You’re doing a pretty good job at hyping a guy you’re blatantly hating on.

Last edited:
With Floyd vs. Canelo those critics use the reverse logic: Canelo was too young & too inexperienced and therefore it's not a great win.

If this thread was useful in any way it’s to remember that Trout, Lara, Cotto, GGG, Jacobs, Kovalev, L and C Smith, Saunders and Plant are more significant than Mosley on Alvarez’s resume. That’s 10 wins.

And thats the path to ATG? close competitive fights with almost every decent fighter, including those past their prime and over 35? using your standard we could include a whole bunch of fighters as ATG's you realize?

Every big name on his Resume was 35+ when he fought them?

Mosley -41
Floyd 36
GGG 35/36
Cotto -35
Kovalev - 36

The best prime fighters he has faced was probably Trout? Plant? When has Canelo ever fought a prime killer? I can't see any on his whole resume? The facts prove he only fights old fighters or weak punchers who offer no real threat especially when judges favor him so much.

Is that all it takes to be an ATG? The 4x division champ might sound impressive on paper, along with the resume names, but if you really examine his body of work its nowhere near impressive enough to be in the conversation for ATG status. He is just a HOF level fighter. Mubaku is 34 so he is another mid 30s opponent.

Manufactured greatness sorry. Oscar had a far more impressive career.

His greatness is measured by how many people he makes lose their shit and create garbage topics like this.

I don't get why David benavidez is so much better than the three undefeated champions he just beat. He has a similar record to those guys. But suddenly they are garbage lol.

(Biased, incoherent ramblings)

Well, with your standards we can diss pretty much any ATG record in recent memory (see : above). Maybe there aren’t any boxing ATGs after all.

<Fedor23>

I don't get why David benavidez is so much better than the three undefeated champions he just beat. He has a similar record to those guys. But suddenly they are garbage lol.

But as soon as Canelo beats him, he wasn't much good in the first place.

The real threat is some other idiot floating around doing nothing with their career.

Mosley -41
Floyd 36
GGG 35/36
Cotto -35
Kovalev - 36

The best prime fighters he has faced was probably Trout? Plant? When has Canelo ever fought a prime killer? I can't see any on his whole resume? The facts prove he only fights old fighters or weak punchers who offer no real threat especially when judges favor him so much.

Is that all it takes to be an ATG? The 4x division champ might sound impressive on paper, along with the resume names, but if you really examine his body of work its nowhere near impressive enough to be in the conversation for ATG status. He is just a HOF level fighter. Mubaku is 34 so he is another mid 30s opponent.

How was GGG not a prime killer ? Dude was undefeated and on a KO tear.

Cotto had just stunned and stopped Sergio Martinez and a few other decent MWs (I think Geale). Cotto did look revitalized under Roach.

Rest all true

You have no idea how I address everyone elses resume's. You seem to assume I have a double standard. Just because I am criticizing Canelo does not mean we need to go over every other boxer in history. Is there something wrong with my standard? Is 35+ not considered past prime in boxing? Why is there such a consistent pattern with Canelo? Co incidence?

The exact same can be said about Floyd and Manny though..anyones career can be picked apart friend

Mosley -41
Floyd 36
GGG 35/36
Cotto -35
Kovalev - 36

His wins are already better than most atg's lol. every p4p #1 fighter is going to get nitpicked while they're at the top

Floyd Mayweather Jr beat a very crude Corrales, lost to Castillo, dwarfed Marquez, tag-teamed Hatton with Joe Cortez, beat a shot Miguel Cotto, lost to a shot version of DLH and beat a green Canelo then an injured Pacquiao.

You call than an ATG ? Meh.
This thread is pathetic, but:

As an aside...

Coralles coming off a FOTY and Floyd absolutely crucified him. That was hard to watch, and it's one of the few fights in my library I never rewatch.

I’d be more inclined to put an asterisk next to him status for getting badly beaten by Floyd and debatably winning the GGG matches. I think most everyone scored 1 to GGG whereas 2 maybe more scored in Canelo’s favor but it’s not like there’s no argument to be made for a GGG win or draw.

Canelo is not great because of what he did in the past, he is great he is great because of what he is doing now and what he might do in the future, he is improving every fight and looks unbeatable.
But in the past, well, yeah some of us saw him lose twice to GGG, draw Lara, lose to Floyd and beat a bunch of over the hill fighters.

But if you focus on the now, the guy is a beast.

This thread is pathetic, but:

As an aside...

Coralles coming off a FOTY and Floyd absolutely crucified him. That was hard to watch, and it's one of the few fights in my library I never rewatch.

Greatest career performance by Floyd IMO. This one is hard to downplay with a straight face.

Last edited:
I have a theory.

TS is probably not as dumb as he is acting, but he is dumb enough to think the 2 boxers and their promoters will see his thread, and feel obligated to make the fight, because this dedicated fan is so emotionally invested.

TS you crafty influencer/journalist.

Back