How can Bisbing be happy about his win...

I rewatched the Anderson vs Demian Maia fight yesterday. Anderson is a SHELL of his former self. He's afraid to kick and does not move nearly as well as he did in his prime. To be fair, Bisping is 36, but even Anderson at 36 would have stalked and finished Bisping in those 4th and 5th rounds.

I rewatched the Anderson vs Demian Maia fight yesterday. Anderson is a SHELL of his former self. He's afraid to kick and does not move nearly as well as he did in his prime. To be fair, Bisping is 36, but even Anderson at 36 would have stalked and finished Bisping in those 4th and 5th rounds.

i think bisping vs anderson at their primes would still be an interesting fight.He doesnt fight like Andersosn usual opponents.

How so? He's only the second fighter to have beat Silva inside the Octagon.

Why shouldn't he be proud, as the decision was completely fair?

Yes he should. He out struck and beat Anderson Silva in his home country.

Anderson knocked him out

Aside from that it was eking by with a razor thin decision

If you're going to decision someone gotta do it like gsp to be impressive (completely shutting down the opponent)

Get over it TS, Bisping outstruck and outworked Silva, and he won the fight!

He wasn't gifted anything. He earned that win. He took a devastating knee and fought on for 2 more rounds to win it vs the former king pin of the division. He showed heart and determination. Congrats to him.

People act as if Anderson had a string of losses. Before this fight he lost to only one other fighter in the Octagon.

But people that have actually watched his career know that in his last 5 or so fights his reflexes and speed haven't looked up to par with what they where in his prime, don't delude yourself into thinking that the version of Andy that Bisping beat was a top fighter

i love how silva goes from unbeatable goat.....then loses 2 fights due to goofing around and leg break. ..

then 2 years later he's a washed up 40yr old has-been that is not a notable win.

oh sherdog.

if we're playing hypothetical games

bisping wouldnt have been hit by that knee if he wasnt mid conversation with herb which means he wouldnt be bleeding into his eye and he'd have no problem continuing to box silva up and taking the last round as well
5-0
50-45 bisping

..when the only reason he got the W was due to Silva not finishing him in the third and being gifted the decision. And that against a rusty 40 year old.

Heck he knew deep down it wasn't a real victory that's why he never asked for the title shot. He knows pukehold will rape him, so would any top 5 MW.

So no a win is not a effing win
Look, I thought SIlva won.
With that said, I disagree with you.

he got the W against SIlva.
Say what you want, this is what counts.

Probably because Bisping was absolutely bossing the fight whilst he was actually engaged in fighting .. and then showed about as much heart as you will ever see in an mma ever to still get the nod. I don;t know what a fighter could possibly do to be more proud of a performance than that.

Bisping probably gets a good chuckle out of reading crybaby Silva nuthuggers' crappy threads.

A Win is a Win. The details of the fight will be lost down the road, and all that will remain is Bisping beat Anderson.

bro it was a real victory, Bisping got two knockdowns, Silva got one knockdown, Bisping outstruck Silva by a large number as well. Bisping landed a whole lot more significant strikes than Silva before he got dropped by the knee.

lastly, and most importantly, Bisping won the scorecards so there is no argument left to be made.
it was one knockdown against one knock down. Bisping landed more shot, but Anderson landed the more devastating and powerful shots. Bisping won the rounds, Anderson won the fight as a whole.

I think silva could easily have won. He dicked around and lost. Bisping didn't really get destroyed though. Rewatch the fight if you think he did terrible.

Wow, I think some fans will never get over this loss. I know it's just been 2 days. But we all know the mention of this fight will provoke tears and tantrums on sherdog for years to come.

But people that have actually watched his career know that in his last 5 or so fights his reflexes and speed haven't looked up to par with what they where in his prime, don't delude yourself into thinking that the version of Andy that Bisping beat was a top fighter

Anderson is still a top fighter, he is also on a noticeable decline. He can be both those things at the same time. He is still a great win for Bisping or any other fighter in the division. You might be able to claim Anderson is no longer elite if he loses his next fight or two. But for the time being. Bisping beat a top notch fighter who has only lost to one other person inside the octagon.

Hendo vs Bisping 1 UFC 100

Hendo vs Bisping 2 UFC 200

..when the only reason he got the W was due to Silva not finishing him in the third and being gifted the decision. And that against a rusty 40 year old.

Heck he knew deep down it wasn't a real victory that's why he never asked for the title shot. He knows pukehold will rape him, so would any top 5 MW.

So no a win is not a effing win

Probably happy because he dropped Silva twice like a sack of potatoes and out struck him the whole fight. But keep hanging on to that fluke knee Silva landed while Mike wasnt looking and trying to get his mouth piece back.

Back