How can Bellator Russian fighters be proud and how can Bellator allow it?

That's the way it's always been, for the most fighters. The only guys who don't have a "padded record" imo are the top fighters to got to enter to ufc early. It's doesn't fucking matter, Khabib's whole record before the UFC was padded. Only thing that matters is that at one point he just started fighting people up, and of relevance. Which they will do if they keep winning.

At least they don't hand pick their opponent like James gallagher, you know, conor's friend. They fight whoever is put in front of them because, well it's their job and they don't care.

Can someone close this?

The dagestani fighters should be matched with the champions right away?

In the mean time Sean O'malley is still fighthing bums after like, 7 fights ? Well I wouldnt call them all bums but let's face it he's not fighting 'the best' either.

You are right. He is already marketable and the UFC won't match him with better fighters.
The Russian guys are not marketable yet and need to build a name.

In the mean time Sean O'malley is still fighthing bums after like, 7 fights ? Well I wouldnt call them all bums but let's face it he's not fighting 'the best' either.

People are going to find a way to complain anyways. If it was the other way around, people would be complaining about underservinng TS amd high ranking. I think that Islam is a prime example of this. Haters were complaining of him fighting cans for years, and now people are complaining about him being ranked # 5 (or was it #4 I don't remember).

Personally I have nothing against pre-ranking padded record but I think that the biggest problem in the sport of MMA is an absolute shitshow of an inconsistent, horseshit ranking system. There should be a much more logical "revolving door system". But fight promotion is a trash circus generally and promoters want to be able to promote whoever they want (like Slow Clap Chandler being given a TS after the huge achievement of one total punch in the UFC).

Shouldn't it only matter what their rankings are?

3-4 (34 years old) vs 5-0. Two guys who are new and the 5-0 guy should get a better opponent in his next fight.
7-4 vs 15-4. Seem like a mismatch but depends on level of opponents.
12-6 (34 years old) vs 12-0. Doesn't look like a mismatch. Seems like a good matchup to see where the 12-0 guy is in the division.

Of course it got moved here even though there's positive Bellator threads In the main.

Sherdog? More like CNN.

“Pride.”

Most fighters can’t afford to be proud. Not all have them have billionaire butt buddies like Khabib does. For them, Pride doesn’t put food on the table.

5:0 guy is only 20 years old
12:0 guy is 23 years old and his opponent beat UFC fighter Powell and 16-3 Newell in his win streak

and Rabadanov's opponent is not so bad for a first fight in the promotion. He beat Lencioni and Bolanos

I guess MVP is also a russian then...

Who else retired besides Zabit? You can't mean Khabib, he already dominated the top 3 fighters in LW.
Is Zabit retired? Looking at interview with his coach sounds like (to me) that they tried to blackmail UFC, like TITLESHOT OR I AM RETIRING. Then they find out that hardly anyone cares that much about Zabit so now in interviews coach says that after surgery they will look and tell (back in May he was saying that Zabit is not taking any fight, only titleshot).

Dagestani fighters are blessing this bum sport with their long fighting tradition and their no bullshit, honorable presence outside of the cage.

I approve of Russian fighters.
Are you trolling? I mean looking at Russian social media, seems to me that Dagestani fans believe in their fighters 10 time less than you and some other guys who hypes Dagestani fighters here.

Also, funny fact -- I looked at current mma champions (Wikipedia) -- outside of Russian promotions there is currently only 1 Dagestani champ (Eldarov in Brave CF) and there is Dagestani fighters in a lot of Asian/European/American orgs. I was also surprised that there is 2 Kyrgyzstani champs outside of UFC (and Russian promotions) -- Abbasov in ONE and one guy in American promotion, CFFC if I am not wrong.

Are you trolling? I mean looking at Russian social media, seems to me that Dagestani fans believe in their fighters 10 time less than you and some other guys who hypes Dagestani fighters here.

Also, funny fact -- I looked at current mma champions (Wikipedia) -- outside of Russian promotions there is currently only 1 Dagestani champ (Eldarov in Brave CF) and there is Dagestani fighters in a lot of Asian/European/American orgs. I was also surprised that there is 2 Kyrgyzstani champs outside of UFC (and Russian promotions) -- Abbasov in ONE and one guy in American promotion, CFFC if I am not wrong.

I think you're thinking of Kakharamonov who's from Uzbekistan.

For Usman and Rabadanov It's no worse then Khamzat fighting Rhys McKee and John Phillips. Those guys were outmatched for sure but they also didn't totally not belong in Bellator's cage either. Both guys have multiple wins in the promotion and are on the roster.

Don't get me wrong, they coddle guys. But if Usman gets a good test in October I won't have any issues with the Muro fight.

For Usman and Rabadanov It's no worse then Khamzat fighting Rhys McKee and John Phillips. Those guys were outmatched for sure but they also didn't totally not belong in Bellator's cage either. Both guys have multiple wins in the promotion and are on the roster.

Don't get me wrong, they coddle guys. But if Usman gets a good test in October I won't have any issues with the Muro fight.

I don't think that's really the same situation though. Khamzat was actually a late replacement himself when he fought Phillips, so it wasn't like he was being protected. McKee was just the only guy they could find stupid enough to want to fight Khamzat on a few days notice.

I don't care about the two years age difference between Usman and Umar. They've got similar records. They've both beaten fighters with decent records outside UFC/Bellator (Umar's is better, so what?)

UFC get Umar, they give him a prospect in Morozov. At -400 he was still a significant favourite. If you're going to build someone, that's about right.

Bellator get Usman, they give him a 34 year old who is NEVER going to be an established main card talent in any top five promotion. He's a -1400 favourite. That's just dumb.

The excuse that Usman is 23, well, that's fine, but he already got eased in to the promotion against Mike Hamel - what's the point of the Muro fight?

Give him a youngish guy who poses a bit of a threat, is recognised as a good fighter, and Usman STILL probably wins and looks better for it.

It's not like you go on social media and it's awash with awesome highlight reels of all these fighters they've got smashing all this fodder, so what's the point?

Ranked fighter next time.

they should fight each other

Back