How can anyone think Cruz won that fight..?

because that's how the rounds went. Cody won round 4 big, but he didn't blow cruz out in any round but that. Round 2 and Round 5 were clear for Cruz, Round 4 was clear for Garbrandt, rounds 1 and 3 were toss ups. I leaned Garbrandt, but if you leaned Cruz then it's no problem.

That's the issue with the 10 point must system of scoring, you can have one guy clearly have a MUCH better performance, but still potentially lose
Round 3 was clear for Cody.

There's no doubt Cruz could have knocked him out and won the fight.

Hey, that was pretty easy to say.

:cool:

Personally, I think Cody should have gone for the finish instead of the clowning, but I chalk that up to youth and revenge for all the shit talking leading up to the fight.

I'm a big fan of Dom and picked him to win an easy decision but goddamn, Cody beat the absolute shit out of him and almost finished him on multiple occasions. I dont think a rematch is necessary, Cruz needs to fight a contender or 2 before he gets another shot
agreed. I'm just pissed off though. Every time I think about garbrandt and diillashaw fightng next I have to change my pants :(

Round 3 was clear for Cody.

I disagree, i thought it was more clear for cody than the first round, but it was a toss up round. Either way, round 1 and round 3 were close, and if there's only 5 rounds, that's a pretty significant swing.

Personally, I think Cody should have gone for the finish instead of the clowning, but I chalk that up to youth and revenge for all the shit talking leading up to the fight.

And I think he was just playing it safe, which was smart.

Most of his success was based on countering.

I'm a big fan of Dom and picked him to win an easy decision but goddamn, Cody beat the absolute shit out of him and almost finished him on multiple occasions. I dont think a rematch is necessary, Cruz needs to fight a contender or 2 before he gets another shot

I don't, but I don't think a 48-46 decision is a thrashing, either, especially when you consider Dom walked forward all night and won the last round, too.

Dom shouldn't be more than one win away from a title shot. He defended his belt like 7 times and is widely considered the best BW of all time. I wouldn't even complain if he got an instant rematch, but I think it's best for him to fight another contender first.

No way in hell does he need to string together a 2-3 fight win streak before he fights for that belt again.

Plus you could tell Cruz wanted to time take downs off of any forward aggression shown by Cody, but Cody fought smart and didn't give him that opportunity.

Dom got hit solid by Cody multiple times and survived. Reports of his demise are clearly premature.

to be fair, and I don't think cruz will realize this until he watches the fight, cody didn;t really follow up when cruz was hurt. He was content to drop him and do the robot lol. I'm not sure cruz was aware enough to notice and might think he actually was able to recover while cody tried to finish him. You know what I mean. I agree he'll be back though

I don't, but I don't think a 48-46 decision is a thrashing, either, especially when you consider Dom walked forward all night and won the last round, too.

Dom shouldn't be more than one win away from a title shot. He defended his belt like 7 times and is widely considered the best BW of all time. I wouldn't even complain if he got an instant rematch, but I think it's best for him to fight another contender first.

No way in hell does he need to string together a 2-3 fight win streak before he fights for that belt again.
The knockdowns were embarassing for Dominick. Even worse than Nate at 202

I actually think Cody lost his last fight too.

The knockdowns were embarassing for Dominick. Even worse than Nate at 202

How he recovered from them, continued to march Cody down, then win the last round wasn't embarrassing though. I think it seems even more embarrassing than it really was because of who Cruz is and what he's done in the sport.

Plus you could tell Cruz wanted to time take downs off of any forward aggression shown by Cody, but Cody fought smart and didn't give him that opportunity.

I was really rooting for Dom but Cody really schooled him.

It was a close fight. The only ones who think it was a "beatdown" are idiots or homosexuals impressed by beards and tattoos.

I still can't believe Cruz lost to that spray tanned, shirtless jerk off. Watching the fight was a nightmare.

fights are scored by rounds and 1,2 & 5 were close and could have gone to Dom (and judges gave him those rounds in a rather strange and random manner)

Cody clearly won the "fight".

It was not inconceivable for the judges to give Dom 1,2,5 and therefor possible 48-47 Dom (if being very stingy on 10-8s)

Or SD, MD etc

Glad they got it right (and I am a Cruz fan) but way stranger things have happened....

Agreed but TS didn't ask how could judges fuck up the decision he asked how could anyone think Cruz won. The answer is they can't unless they don't understand how to score MMA fights.

How he recovered from them, continued to march Cody down, then win the last round wasn't embarrassing though. I think it seems even more embarrassing than it really was because of who Cruz is and what he's done in the sport.
It´s embarassing because Dom prides himself in not taking damage (opponents swing air as he himself have said)

agreed. I'm just pissed off though. Every time I think about garbrandt and diillashaw fightng next I have to change my pants :(
I'm in mourning also Amigo. I despise Garbrandt and Dom is my favorite fighter. I also lost $100 on the Rousey fight.

I was really rooting for Dom but Cody really schooled him.

I'm not arguing otherwise. I'm just saying that Cruz wanted to time take downs off of forward aggression and I think that's why Cody was so patient all night.

cody's internal monologue every time he dropped cruz: \

"I don;t know if I like fighting or dancing more. I think dancing."...... Proceeds to do the robot

I'm in mourning also Amigo. I despise Garbrandt and Dom is my favorite fighter. I also lost $100 on the Rousey fight.
yeah I was rooting for cruz, but not unhappy with the outcome. Cody looked slick as fuck in there and I cant wait to see him fight tj. Love dom, but id rather see that fight then a rematch,

Back