How can anyone think Cruz won that fight..?

The same idiots that thought Cruise beat TJ.

I'd like to hear from the ones that cried after the fight

fights are scored by rounds and 1,2 & 5 were close and could have gone to Dom (and judges gave him those rounds in a rather strange and random manner)

Cody clearly won the "fight".

It was not inconceivable for the judges to give Dom 1,2,5 and therefor possible 48-47 Dom (if being very stingy on 10-8s)

Or SD, MD etc

Glad they got it right (and I am a Cruz fan) but way stranger things have happened....

people actually think that? i was all for cruz but come on people

Yeah Garbrandt won that fight pretty clean. Dom had his moments but he really lost the momentum.

I wanna see Edgar move down now, the time is right. Great matchups with Killashaw, Cruz, and Garbrandt. I think Edgar edges them all.

I'm still trying to figure out why anybody thought Cruz beat Dillashaw. Since he was awarded that decision and nobody really likes TJ, it isn't treated as a bad decision. I think that's sad.

Cody won, but it wasn't that bad. Rogan was making it seem way more one sided than it actually was. Dom will be back. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cody, TJ, Dom pass the belt between them multiple times over the next couple years.
Yup, whenever someone fights better then they are expected to he makes it sounds like they are completely dominating. The first 2 rounds were pretty close and Cody basically stopped fighting and punted the 5th round to Dom.

I think the stats showed Dom ahead in the rounds, but in reality anyone watching can't call the fight for Dom and be sane

Yeah Garbrandt won that fight pretty clean. Dom had his moments but he really lost the momentum.

I wanna see Edgar move down now, the time is right. Great matchups with Killashaw, Cruz, and Garbrandt. I think Edgar edges them all.

Cruz/Edgar and Dillashaw/Edgar would be interesting but i think cody puts him away easy

because that's how the rounds went. Cody won round 4 big, but he didn't blow cruz out in any round but that. Round 2 and Round 5 were clear for Cruz, Round 4 was clear for Garbrandt, rounds 1 and 3 were toss ups. I leaned Garbrandt, but if you leaned Cruz then it's no problem.

That's the issue with the 10 point must system of scoring, you can have one guy clearly have a MUCH better performance, but still potentially lose

round
1. cody soundly
2. cody closer imo I'm shocked how so many people thought dom got it,cody tuned him up dom landed few flurries but nothing of significance.
3. cody soundly
4. cody 10-8
5. Dom

people are saying cruz won round 2 clearly and round 1 and 3 were tossups, but elaborate? how exactly?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted Dom to win badly but Cody won me over as a fan with his boxing and wrestling, his post speech, and especially that little kid. Fuck it, war no love!

Or lost if he abandoned the strategy that was winning for him.

You could say that about every fighter. There is no doubt Cody could have KO'd him, personally I think Cody was milking it and wanted to humiliate Cruz further

People are moronic and delusional. At least this time it's only a minority. Clear 48-46 for Garbrandt.

It was a close fight. The only ones who think it was a "beatdown" are idiots or homosexuals impressed by beards and tattoos.

I'm a big fan of Dom and picked him to win an easy decision but goddamn, Cody beat the absolute shit out of him and almost finished him on multiple occasions. I dont think a rematch is necessary, Cruz needs to fight a contender or 2 before he gets another shot
Cody made him his bitch

You could say that about every fighter. There is no doubt Cody could have KO'd him, personally I think Cody was milking it and wanted to humiliate Cruz further

There's no doubt Cruz could have knocked him out and won the fight.

Hey, that was pretty easy to say.

:cool:

Back