How can anybody score Round 4 for Anderson Silva when there were no TD/KD and Bisping landed more?

dragonclaw

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Given there were no takedown's or knockdowns this round.

Anderson landed 19 significant strikes to Bisping's 28 significant strikes.

That said, how does it make any F%#*$^# sense to give this round to Anderson?

Anyone that didn't score the fight for Bisping is just an Anderson fan or anti-Bisping. If he'd have beaten Tim Kennedy, no-one would have argued the result.

Many MMA fans are uneducated :) They think Silva's flashy moves (that never landed in that fight) are enough to win a round :p

You apparently haven't heard. Anderson never loses. No matter what happens in any of his fights he will never lose. Because there is always a new excuse.

Because they see blood and somehow thinks that means Bisping lost the round.

Bisping outlanded Silva and landed the cleaner shots all while nearly being KO'ed the previous round.

Lol @ Bisping throwing anything significant.

Don't even know where to begin correcting new fans on this...

The objective of a fight is to subdue/inflict harm on your opponent. Bisping did none of that throwing paddy cakes all fight. Anderson hurt him with just about everything he threw.

Theres a HUGE difference between effectiveness and busy work.

I had Bisping winning 1 and 4
I had Anderson winning 3 and 5
I had 2 equal.
I figured that Anderson did the most damage, and had the cleaner, harder shots along with controlling the center more.
Bisping was busier.
I gave it to Anderson, but can easily accept the decision.
Anderson let it slip away. Don't leave it to the judges.

The objective of a fight is to subdue/inflict harm on your opponent. Bisping did none of that throwing paddy cakes all fight. Anderson hurt him with just about everything he threw.

Nope Silva lost

Aye apart from the knock down you mean?

In the UK we have a group called the Samaritans that you can speak to. Shall I try and find an international number for you?

I had 2 equal.
I figured that Anderson did the most damage, and had the cleaner, harder shots along with controlling the center more.
Bisping was busier.

Wait...you had round 2 equal even though Bisping landed more and scored the knock down? Hmmmm.

That's what I had, but I am going to rewatch tonight, so...
That is how I scored it.
I'm prepared to eat my words after a rewatch.

"Don't leave it to the judges", except when you're winning. Which Anderson wasn't.

It wasn't actually close. It's all "Anderson could have finished the fight, IF..."

He didn't, and he tried to. Unless you're saying he lost on purpose.

I had 2 equal.
Bisping was busier.

AxtzziK.gif

Got it, I need to pay attention to round 2 tonight. Maybe I was distracted at the time, but that's how I saw it.

I'm not saying he lost on purpose. Can we agree that Anderson won three and five?

Sure Anderson was more effective on round 3 and 5. Round 4 Bisping won because Anderson also didn't do shit.

So Bisping 1,2 and 4

The quality of the Silvas strikes were much better and he actually hurt Bisping and caused damage.

I didn't care who won this fight, but I wasn't aware people were giving round 4 to Anderson.

Are you sure you're not mistaking that notion for people simply saying Anderson won the fight overall?

I think it's far more arguable that Silva won the fight, than to say that he won round 4. He clearly lost round 4. Clearly. Instead of capitalizing on the near KO in round 3 and swarming a foggy Bisping, Anderson decided to go ahead and exercise and enjoy himself.

Overall, anyone who thought Anderson won is basing their decision strictly on 3 things that happened: 1) flying knee, 2) front kick to face, 3) Bisping's bloody face.

People really wanted Anderson to win & fully expected him to. They can not accept that the mythical Spider was outworked by Bisping for 3 rounds, but that is what happened. Silva had his moments, absolutely. but he lost. I had scored 1, 2, & 4 for Bisping by the end of the fight, & every objective, unbiased person did too.

Back