How can a non-heavyweight be GOAT?

Calling Jones GOAT is weird to me anyway. He doesn't knock people out like Silva, or dominate guys like GSP. He wins. Nothing more nothing less. He has had dominant performances yes, but most of the time he does just barely enough to get his hand raised. That's not a GOAT to me. To me it's the likes of Silva and GSP who do things a lot different than Jones.

This exactly. It's actually funny because if you watch Jones, he really doesn't do anything special, except for his TDD. And the only reason his TDD is as good as it is, is because he is 6'4" and lanky as hell. He has so much leverage against everyone he fights (except Gus), that I wouldn't even say it's as much skill as it is just natural luck of the draw being as tall as he is. Anyways, Jones' offensive attack is actually getting pretty boring and he has plateaued. He has ZERO one punch KO power, and relies on a few flashy elbows out of the clinch every now and then. Other than that, a few high kicks to score some points, and boom, he gets his victory. He is not very impressive anymore, and someone in the near future will beat him. Sorry Jones nuthuggers, your boy just isn't all that impressive anymore. Haters gonna hate right?

I'm talking about the fight. DC got battered and broke; taken down multiple times, and completely outclassed.

So am i , Didn't Jones have a mouse under his eye and swollened lips after the fight ? being taken down is being " battared " in any sense.

Oh no. Think before you make a thread.

So am i , Didn't Jones have a mouse under his eye and swollened lips after the fight ? being taken down is being " battared " in any sense.

Yes, he was in a fight.

Didn't he mention cutting to 185 out of nowhere directly after that?

Hahaha im sorry but the only guy he's calling out is Weidman.

Jones just beat the previous number 2 HW of the world. Get real.

DC was worried his organs would fail on him the first time he cut to 205.

The DC we saw in there wasn't the destroyer of worlds we saw at heavyweight. Jones is hiding behind the 205 pound curtain to protect his record.

Well this wasnt his first time cut to 205. And if Jones went up to HW, HE would get stronger as well. Isnt that a scary thought?

Brute strength only goes so far. Technique trumps strength.

Jones would smash Cain.

DC was a top 3 HW, undefeated and an Olympic wrestler that many people said was going to ragdoll Jones.
Jones took him down repeatedly and battered him pillar to post.

I dont know about pillar to post but the rest is spot on

Edit: Not the Jones smashing Cain bit either!

Last edited:
Ali himself said that Sugar Ray Robinson was the GOAT.

Last edited:
But is being taken down being " battared " in the sense of dominating someone ? the fight was competitive for the most part.

He got beat the fuck up you idiot, what are you even trying to prove?
The fight was not really competitive. Cormier got taken down at almost at will, got repeatedly out-struck and out grappled. He got battered.

Cain and JDS were always above him, and Werdum would be now as well.

Cormier beats JDS and Werdum. Cormier was on a much bigger win streak than JDS and Cormier has beat roughly the same level of competition at HW bar Cain.

Honestly.

Its baffling. Everybody knows and accepts Ali as the greatest... The overwhelming majority of people have no idea who Robinson is.

You could also argue that certain fighters were lucky enough to be optimal for particular weight classes, whereas other possibly better fighters might be stuck between weight classes due to their build... They drew the shorter straw.

Heavyweight leaves no doubt. Weight classes just give the rest of the mere mortals a chance to shine where they otherwise wouldn't.

Thats why I find it funny how anybody could call Jones the GOAT with Cain standing right there 15 feet away in the stands. Its the most prestigious belt for a reason, and by far and away the hardest to hold on to as history has shown us.

All has to do with number of title defences.

He got beat the fuck up you idiot, what are you even trying to prove?
The fight was not really competitive. Cormier got taken down at almost at will, got repeatedly out-struck and out grappled. He got battered.

This is a bait.

Honestly.

Its baffling. Everybody knows and accepts Ali as the greatest... The overwhelming majority of people have no idea who Robinson is.

You could also argue that certain fighters were lucky enough to be optimal for particular weight classes, whereas other possibly better fighters might be stuck between weight classes due to their build... They drew the shorter straw.

Heavyweight leaves no doubt. Weight classes just give the rest of the mere mortals a chance to shine where they otherwise wouldn't.

Thats why I find it funny how anybody could call Jones the GOAT with Cain standing right there 15 feet away in the stands. Its the most prestigious belt for a reason, and by far and away the hardest to hold on to as history has shown us.

Why is the HW a GOAT? The division is less skilled and has less good well rounded fighters. Your fucking insane if you think middling HW's would do well against top MW's/LHW, they would get boxed up and beat down in no time.

It's about skill and accomplishment. And most HW's have neither.

Why is the HW a GOAT? The division is less skilled and has less good well rounded fighters. Your fucking insane if you think middling HW's would do well against top MW's/LHW, they would get boxed up and beat down in no time.

It's about skill and accomplishment. And most HW's have neither.

JDS says hi.

Back