How bout Pettis vs Cowboy II for these worn out vets

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
They’re both in that same bracket. Old veterans from WEC who are shopworn but still have name value.

I know Pettis decisively finished Cowboy last time out but it kinda makes sense to me. Who else are these guys going to be competitive against?

That or go to Bellator?

That was the plan before cowboy got offered the connor fight, might as well do it now at this point.

I mentioned this the other day, I'd like to see it for the exact reasons you mentioned.

But the sad part is that a loss for either one of them right now puts them in a horrible, horrible place.

Could die without watching either of these two fight again.

No thanks, I want to watch fights where both of the dudes are trying to win and not just showing up for a paycheck

If I see one more mf smiling and cheering around after a knockout loss

Poor Cowboy, everyone is writing him off but he simply lost to three champions in their prime, arguably three of the greatest LW's ever, back to back to back. No shame and losing to motivated, reborn, sober Conor quick, which is the most often way people lose to him; Gathje could KO Donkey Kong now in seconds and he was tied going in tot the third with title challenge Ferguson before the fight was stopped on a foul.
I bet he still beats Al, Hernandez and most outside the top 5.

Poor Cowboy, everyone is writing him off but he simply lost to three champions in their prime, arguably three of the greatest LW's ever, back to back to back. No shame and losing to motivated, reborn, sober Conor quick, which is the most often way people lose to him; Gathje could KO Donkey Kong now in seconds and he was tied going in tot the third with title challenge Ferguson before the fight was stopped on a foul.
I bet he still beats Al, Hernandez and most outside the top 5.

I also think that currently Cowboy is a hell of a lot better fighter than Pettis, who can get bullied by nearly everyone other than custom made matchups.

I would like to see Pettis against strikers only, at least for a while. Pettis vs Vannata for starters, then you have Teymur, Diakese.

But I wouldn't mind Pettis vs Cowboy. At this point Pettis probably makes Cowboy look like a juggernaut in the clinch, even Nate looked like a Greco Olympian in there with him.

I also think that currently Cowboy is a hell of a lot better fighter than Pettis, who can get bullied by nearly everyone other than custom made matchups.

I would like to see Pettis against strikers only, at least for a while. Pettis vs Vannata for starters, then you have Teymur, Diakese.

But I wouldn't mind Pettis vs Cowboy. At this point Pettis probably makes Cowboy look like a juggernaut in the clinch, even Nate looked like a Greco Olympian in there with him.
Great point. Pettis vs Vannata would be awesome but they are really good buds so I think it wont happen. Cowboy is boys with Pettis too, but Cowboy is real pro so may do it. Those are the fights they need tho, fun fights for the fans, not fighting grappling gurus and jock strap sniffers.

The reality is, both guys are done title hunting but I can see them having some real good fights and being solid gatekeepers. Both are streaky too and I can see them having turn arounds and going on some streaks. Lots of people will be surprised when Cowboy decimates some guy they think will murk him, simply because Cowboy lost to three champs/soon to be title contenders straight in a row. It's kinda like when RDA lost to Colby and Usman and everyone said he was done, then h4 steamrolled Fighter (not the Korean Chef) Kevin Lee :)

Back