How big one truly is?

Nah, One's not big, Aung La Nsang is big. If he's not on the card, no one from Myanmar is going out of their way to watch unless they're big mma fans ( in which case, UFC despite the bad air times would still dwarf them). Having said that, UFC used to air on Fox Sports Asia here but that's gone now. Does UFC still air on tv live in Thailand?

I'd say judging from youtube comments, Philippines is probably their biggest market but that probably has more to do with the number of Filipinos fighting in One than brand recognition.

This will always be the answer. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Nah can only find Muay Thai on Regular TV here no One no UFC no Full Metal Dojo.

Right now in Bankok. Here is where Jon's Full Metal Dojo is based but he puts on most of his events in Pattaya city which are tourist traps bars and young people. So would not be surprised if a bar in that area has it on.

I reside in three provinces in lower Thailand Pattani, Yela and we have a little place in Hatyai.

Last edited:
Are the judges and referees employed by the promotion? If so it seriously calls their legitimacy into question.

Are the judges and referees employed by the promotion? If so it seriously calls their legitimacy into question.
..They are everywhere that there's no athletic commission. So basically everywhere other then US, Canada and parts of Western Europe.

That's how many promotions outside the U.S. operate.

Nah, One's not big, Aung La Nsang is big. If he's not on the card, no one from Myanmar is going out of their way to watch unless they're big mma fans ( in which case, UFC despite the bad air times would still dwarf them). Having said that, UFC used to air on Fox Sports Asia here but that's gone now. Does UFC still air on tv live in Thailand?

I'd say judging from youtube comments, Philippines is probably their biggest market but that probably has more to do with the number of Filipinos fighting in One than brand recognition.

This will always be the answer. Enjoy it while it lasts.

My good friend here in Thailand said UFC used to be on Channel 8 here in Thailand, and many miss it One has not.

I think it really depends on what your using to rank your orgs.

From a business stand point, revenue and profit should be at the forefront of the discussion. By those measures UFC, Bellator, and then probably ONE, maybe. They have racked up over 270 Million in debt I believe. That is more than what most orgs make in revenue in years of existence. I don't care if billion people watch it, if you can't get revenue out of it what does it matter in the end and that seems to be ONE's biggest problem. They been able to continue to raise capital and raise revenues each year but loses have continued to pile with no end in site. Scariest part is revenue doubles, so does the loses in many years.

Like someone else said it is more or less a "House of Cards" kind of org with no real good solid foundation. New capital slows down I'm not sure what would happen. Based on the numbers that are out there they couldn't survive very long without new capital coming in. To me it seems like a lot of money is going out the door for the product they put out yearly that the fans see. So I'm guessing a lot of the loses are payments to the investors. It isn't like that talent pool is growing much with free agent signings and we got all these big name fighters or they are putting on double the amount of shows or anything. There just isn't much to point to that they are spending money on that avg. fan benefits from. Kind of mind blowing when you look at the finances compared to what the fan gets from ONE. Money is being burned at an alarming rate with little of it actually going to the product itself.

Last edited:
Back