How big of an upset would Cowboy beating Conor be?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I think almost as big as Matt Serra beating GSP.

Cowboy in my opinion is a journeyman level fighter, who did better than he should. Kudos for him. I don't see why he has so many fans, because from what I think I heard, he's a real life d-bag.

Conor is much much much better fighter than Cowboy, and this fight being sold as anything more than a circus fight, and gimme fight, and there not being much outcry about it, is just ridiculous.

Only one who is beating Conor in that fight would be Conor. If he destroyed himself.

Big enough to leave me laughing hysterically for a good 30 minutes

it would be a big upset, but no where near matt serra GSP, wtf are you talking about ?

Conor is a .500 fighter over the last 4 years, and hasn't won a fight in the last 3.
He should be a good favorite here based on styles but him losing should not be a noteworthy upset.

I think conor should be the favorite, but there's a lot of question marks. we haven't seen conor look good in the octagon in over THREE years. that potentially could be a big deal. he very well could have lost a step[ and not be the same fighter he used to be. maybe. maybe not.

This is the best Conor we have ever seen

I am legitimately concerned for Cowboy's well-being

It would be a very minor upset.

Conor is -325 for this fight, which is about where he should be. He's the favorite for sure, but this is not a shocker if Donald pulls it off.

A big upset would be if Cowboy got a title shot after this and somehow beat Khabib. That I would put up there with Serra GSP

Not big at all to me Cowboy more experienced, more ways to win, fought tougher competition, had better success floating between divisions. Conor 1 big left hand, 1 dimensional, sick girl like lungz, big gaps between high level fighting, more hype than fighting talent, and a whole heap of pressure to not only win but to look convincing doing it...

9-4 TUF winner vs 13-1 WW champ, coming off a TKO win over Matt Hughes..

Fighter who hasn't won a fight in over 3 years vs a seasoned vet, with a well rounded skillset..

Hmm, what would be the bigger upset..
{<jordan}

With how Conor showed up to his last fight, not that much of an upset, however if the best version ever shows up like we've been hearing about the he should finish Cowboy quickly.

Conor can't be overconfident though, Cowboy is crafty and is particularly dangerous with head kicks and submissions in scrambles.

Having the fight at 170 will also allow Cerrone a pretty significant size and weight advantage.

When tf did Conor get put on the same pedestal skill-wise as GSP?

lol

conor at his peak got beat by nate diaz, we are used to seeing him lose at this point, just like we are used to seeing him in court for white trash trainwreck behaviour. i'd almost be more surprised if he actually performed at this point

every time irish edmund states in the press that the camp has been perfect, i just imagine how after conor loses he will say that he and conor were barely in the same room the past 6 months and conor was out past 4am clubbing most nights

Not big at all to me Cowboy more experienced, more ways to win, fought tougher competition, had better success floating between divisions. Conor 1 big left hand, 1 dimensional, sick girl like lungz, big gaps between high level fighting, more hype than fighting talent, and a whole heap of pressure to not only win but to look convincing doing it...
Better success floating between divisions?

Conor has wins in 3 weight classes and has been champion of 2.

Cerrone has wins at 2 weight classes and has never been the champion.

Cowboy in my opinion is a journeyman level fighter, who did better than he should. Kudos for him. I don't see why he has so many fans, because from what I think I heard, he's a real life d-bag.

Conor is much much much better fighter than Cowboy, and this fight being sold as anything more than a circus fight, and gimme fight, and there not being much outcry about it, is just ridiculous.

Only one who is beating Conor in that fight would be Conor. If he destroyed himself.
If you're comparing the Serra/GSP upset to a potential Cerrone/McGregor upset, I'm not sure you really understand what an upset actually is.

Reasonably large divided by 3 cause cowboy is three times his size

Is this a real post? It wouldn't be that big of an upset at all. What is Conor, like -300 now?

Jesus...

Back