How big of a factor will the location (Abu Dhabi) of the Khabib/Poirer fight be?

West Linn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Poirer has all the tools and has been on a roll, but I can see the fight taking place in Abu Dhabi, halfway across the world, affecting his performance negatively.

I can see him being out of sorts because of the unfamiliar location, climate, diet. Khabib is from Russia, which is not as far from Abu Dhabi relatively, so it won't be as big a deal for him. He's from the Old World and well acclimated to the Old World. Dustin has never fought overseas. I think this will play a huge factor in the fight.

I can see him laying a complete dud not at all being used to the locale. A la some Sea Level Cain shit. It would have been much more beneficial for Poirer had the fight been set in the US.

Sea level cain is a myth he gassed from getting his ass whooped. Abu Dhabi seems like a tough place to fight as far as cardio goes . Could effect both guys to be honest.

Florida is probably a lot more like abu dhabi than dagestan is. So porier gets the advantage.

The man trains in south Florida, he’ll be fine wherever

It’s about the fight not the climate

huge factor,the pressure is on Khabib,alot of money put into this event and his promotion,Dustin
knows he is the underdog,as GSP one said in interview "There is nothing more dangerous than a man with cauliflower ears"

You almost blew my mind with the "Dustin has never fought over seas" thing but then i looked it up and ur has been years since he has.

Sea level cain is a myth he gassed from getting his ass whooped. Abu Dhabi seems like a tough place to fight as far as cardio goes . Could effect both guys to be honest.

Elevation is no joke. I just went from sea level to 11,200 feet (Cusco) and it was very noticeable. Mexico City is 7,200 feet and I went from sea level to there also and felt the adjustment too.

is it going to be an outdoor event? serious question

The better question here is what happens if dustin wins in abu dabi.

Im not sure thats a good thing for anyone on that card but especially dustin. He will need security to get to the airport.

is this going to be open air again? if so the humidity could work in his favor honestly

What if they fought in USA would khabib be at a disadvantage????

Fighters travel all the time.

Anderson v Leites and Frankie v BJ 1 was in Abu Dahbi. Bother fighters should be fine.

. Abu Dhabi seems like a tough place to fight as far as cardio goes . Could effect both guys to be honest.
uhh why?

It's at sea level. Full 14.7psi of air pressure.
Interior will be temperature controlled.

No reason why Abu Dhabi should be hard on anyone's cardio.

Dubai and Abu Dhabi are pretty westernized. Seeing americans/brits isn't uncommon at all.

My memory seems to believe it was Maia in abu dahbi but maybe you’re right?
yep it was Maia. I get Anderson's fights with Cote, Theites and Maia mixed up because they were all shitty fights.

Back