How big is Usman?

He can make the weight because he has a lean muscular body type.

I personally still think a lot of fighters are using IVs, does anyone have any information on how they make sure fighters are not using it?

I don’t know. I see that one going the way we saw the Masvidal fight. You’ve got to think if Askren was able to control him that Usman will at least be able to do the same thing. Then you take into account the power advantage Usman has over Askren and things start to get real dicey for Lima. His only chance is too land the perfect shot to hurt Usman.
Could go just like the Askren fight but Lima has improved. He's got a mean streak and KO power. I think Mas has more experience but Lima kicks like a mule.

I'd guess 193 to 195lbs in the cage for a fight

I'd guess the same. He's not the absolute heaviest at 170, but he is almost there...

What's most impressive is that he can keep his cardio and output pretty high at his size.

Anyone that thinks Conor has a decent shot at him really really needs to understand cutting better. Outside of a lucky Hail Mary in the first minute, he has basically no chance.

Dude looks huge for 170. He has a Yoel Romero type physic. I can’t imagine he walks around at less than 205.
I think his hashtag at twitter is @USMAN84KG which means he is a MW and he fights at WW in his whole career

May have missed leg day:
GettyImages-1194028966-1024x683.jpg

This we know. Not the "walk-around weight" (which is meaningless), but fight night weight (which is a legit metric).

Bellator 206 https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10...-much-of-an-advantage-did-gegard-mousasi-have
Douglas Lima (170 to 192.6 = 12.6%)​

Alas, Usman hasn't fought in CA since they began reporting fight night weights. So him we don't know.

That makes him a bigger weight cutter than any UFC WW that has fought in CA since reporting began.
Fighter Weigh-in Fight Night (Delta %)
Anthony Pettis 169.5 177.2 (4.5)
Nate Diaz 170 180 (5.9)
Curtis Millender 170 183.5 (7.3)
Michael Chiesa 170.5 1(88 9.9)
Carlos Condit 171 (184.5 7.9)
Siyar Bahadurzada 171 (184.5 7.9)​
Woodley used to brag about being 200lbs this and that, but a fair assesment would be 190 on fight night, that on a decent weight cut, LW's put around 20lbs back on fight night, wouldnt be surprised if WW's do around the same, actual WW's, not LW turned WW.

Woodley used to brag about being 200lbs this and that, but a fair assesment would be 190 on fight night, that on a decent weight cut, LW's put around 20lbs back on fight night, wouldnt be surprised if WW's do around the same, actual WW's, not LW turned WW.

I wish we had more numbers. All we have are the 95 fighters across 4 UFC events (49 fights, 48 fighters, but 3 of them fought twice). It's been years and no other AC has chosen to follow CSAC's lead.

The mean average weight gain is just under 10% (excluding HW's). Here are the biggest gains per division, just in case you're curious:

Fighter Weigh-in Fight Night Delta % Division W/L Event Date
J.J. Aldrich 115.8 130.5 12.5% W-Straw W UFC 227 8/4/2018
Sabina Mazo 126 145.6 15.6% W-Fly W UFC 241 8/17/2019
Alex Perez 126 146.5 16.3% FlyW W UFC 227 8/4/2018
Aspen Ladd 135 159 18% W-Bant L UFC Fight Night: de Randamie vs. Ladd 7/13/2019
Manny Bermudez 140 164.8 17.7% BW L UFC 241 8/17/2019
Cris Cyborg 144 160.5 10.7% W-Fea L UFC 232 12/29/2018
Sheymon de Silva Moraes 146 170.2 17% FW L UFC Fight Night: de Randamie vs. Ladd 7/13/2019
Christos Giagos 155 176.2 13.7% LW L UFC 241 8/17/2019
Michael Chiesa 170.5 188 9.9% WW W UFC 232 12/29/2018
Paulo Costa 186 213.8 14.9% MW W UFC 241 8/17/2019
Corey Anderson 204.5 225 9.2% LHW W UFC 232 12/29/2018

And though I don't have the #'s at my fingertips, UFC deltas are bigger than all other MMA orgs (CSAC monitors all events, not just UFC & Bellator).

Isn't Ponzinibbio bigger? I swear he is. He's just less jacked. But yeah usman is a large welterweight. I cringed when they matched him up with rda. I thought it was bad faith matchmaking. Idk about him being 6" though. Who knows? Maybe I'm just a Playa hater. Huge but not till huge though. Till claims he's 6'0" but rowers over cerrone. <45>

I wish we had more numbers. All we have are the 95 fighters across 4 UFC events (49 fights, 48 fighters, but 3 of them fought twice). It's been years and no other AC has chosen to follow CSAC's lead.

The mean average weight gain is just under 10% (excluding HW's). Here are the biggest gains per division, just in case you're curious:

And though I don't have the #'s at my fingertips, UFC deltas are bigger than all other MMA orgs (CSAC monitors all events, not just UFC & Bellator).
Yeah, i dont put much weight on (no pun intended) weight talk when its not official numbers from an AC, still wondering why others dont follow the same guidelines, even if not something that will define the fighter weight class like CA tries to.

also why hes not going to be defeated outside a KO or submission.

Don't know what the fuck people are seeing

He was slightly bigger than masvidal (a former LW) and was roughly the same size as Colby.

Seems like the same sort of fake news used to try and discredit khabib
e8wep67omz641.jpg

122_Kamaru_Usman_x_Colby_Covington.0.jpg

Looks like a good 15lbs of muscle difference, his legs are small, but even with that there's no way they're 'roughly the same size', his entire upper body is literally slabs of extra muscle

He can make the weight because he has a lean muscular body type.

I personally still think a lot of fighters are using IVs, does anyone have any information on how they make sure fighters are not using it?
The way USADA is supposed to be able to detect IV use just before a fight is this (as I understand it) :
The plastic bags that hold the saline solution are made of a certain type of plastic, which is a *known type*. Apparently minute traces of that plastic leaches out of the plastic material into the saline solution and, therefore, enters a fighters blood stream in the 24hours after weigh-ins IF they are using an intravenous saline-drip or electrolyte drip due to USADA's ability to test their blood/urine for these minute traces of the plastic material of a saline-IV-bag.

Otherwise there is really no way to know.

One way ROUND that "we can detect it" system would be, I hypothesize, to use a sterile glass container instead, and do not use a saline-solution that has been sitting inside one of these plastic bags for any time. You could make up your own sterile saline solution (it's basically sterile water with dissolved sodium chloride) and store in a glass container and do the IV-drip from that. So I think there's ways you can cheat on that. Paolo Costa WAS filmed using an IV-rehydrating drip before one of his fights, that video is widely available, and I believe he got a suspension for that.

EDIT:
I just found a reference to this in a medical article and here is the link and relevant text extract relating to saline bags and the chemicals leaching into the liquid itseld :

"Groups of IV bags should have been assigned to various temperature ranges rather than to a specific temperature because storage conditions at other storage sites may differ. Stability and sterility appear to have been tested at the end rather than at specific intervals. Chlorine and plastic particles that leach into solution contribute to osmolality and were not measured. Future studies should use a larger number of NS solutions from a variety of manufacturers, store solutions at a variety of temperature ranges, and evaluate stability and sterility at intervals throughout the study. In addition, more consideration should be given to the types of plastic in the packaging of IV solutions, as each plastic differs in porosity and may degrade at different rates"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4336008/

Yeah, i dont put much weight on (no pun intended) weight talk when its not official numbers from an AC, still wondering why others dont follow the same guidelines, even if not something that will define the fighter weight class like CA tries to.
Because it’s too much work. Because there is no political will. Because status quo is goon enough. It’s too expensive (and that cost is passed on to promoters via fees). Some combination thereof.

I wouldn’t expect other states to immediately sign on to the entire 10 point plan. For now all they would have to do is info gathering. But not even that.

That silence suggests that changes are unlikely to occur any time soon. If there’s no widespread will to even help gather data, there certainly won’t be much will to make a massive policy change.

It's a visual thing. Small/narrow bone structure combined with big muscles gives the appearence of being bigger than you actually are. I think GSP is bigger than Usman. Wider/thick bonestructure AND muscle.

Because it’s too much work. Because there is no political will. Because status quo is goon enough. It’s too expensive (and that cost is passed on to promoters via fees). Some combination thereof.

I wouldn’t expect other states to immediately sign on to the entire 10 point plan. For now all they would have to do is info gathering. But not even that.

That silence suggests that changes are unlikely to occur any time soon. If there’s no widespread will to even help gather data, there certainly won’t be much will to make a massive policy change.
Just get a scale for informational purposes, in the end that is what CA is doing, many fighters have not fought there even once, Costa most likely wont fight there again, cause if he does and they track his weight he will violate his rules again...and then it might be official that he wont fight there anymore, all im asking is a scale for the stats, this walkaround weight talk is nonsense without any facts, but sherdog loves it.

This we know. Not the "walk-around weight" (which is meaningless), but fight night weight (which is a legit metric).

Bellator 206 https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10...-much-of-an-advantage-did-gegard-mousasi-have
Douglas Lima (170 to 192.6 = 12.6%)​

That makes him a bigger weight cutter than any UFC WW that has fought in CA since reporting began.
Fighter Weigh-in Fight Night (Delta %)
Anthony Pettis 169.5 177.2 (4.5%)
Nate Diaz 170 180 (5.9%)
Curtis Millender 170 183.5 (7.3%)
Michael Chiesa 170.5 188 (9.9%)
Carlos Condit 171 184.5 (7.9%)
Siyar Bahadurzada 171 184.5 (7.9%)
Usman hasn't fought in CA since they began reporting fight night weights. So him we don't know.

Very useful info here. As I suspected, Nate & Pettis are very small WWs, not surprising since they both used to fight at LW but it's good to have actual data. If I had to guess, Usman is at least 190, maybe even 195 on fight night. (Usman definitely looks like 1 of the biggest WWs). GSP said the biggest he ever got for WW was 194 lbs on fight night vs Shields, but felt it was a bit too heavy. Chiesa 188 lbs, dude used to fight at 155, that must've been a brutal cut.

Just get a scale for informational purposes, in the end that is what CA is doing, many fighters have not fought there even once, Costa most likely wont fight there again, cause if he does and they track his weight he will violate his rules again...and then it might be official that he wont fight there anymore, all im asking is a scale for the stats, this walkaround weight talk is nonsense without any facts, but sherdog loves it.
Me too. I expected someone - anyone - else to participate. Even better if it were NV, NY or NJ. Alas, crickets.

Back