How beautiful was it watching Chandler outclass Dan Hooker?

You say Hooker looked off but how else do you propose he fights? I feel like he fought smart. Keep his distance and try and slow down Chandler. Mike was always dangerous early and he just walked him down and slept him. I'm struggling to see how Hooker looked off.
He just looked wierdly slow, his movement was wack, little offense he threw was tame, his body language seemed wierd.
Will have to watch it again to give you a better answer, but basically he seemed intimidated or uncomfortable in a way I've never seen with him.

Last edited:
He wasn’t off, he was specifically adopting a more conservative and patient style because he credited his earlier losses to being too willing to engage in brawls. He shouldn’t have been backing up to the cage and instead should have assumed center control.
It was like Izzy Vs Yoel but half asleep

Bellator was never the B league. It just looked like that because of marketing and there aren’t a lot of ppl that actually know enough about mma to distinguish that the level is very close. If you think dudes can’t come in from Bellator and merk these UFC guys, then you should probably find another sport. The depth is one thing, but the level at the top is very close. SF proved this and Bellator would prove it again.
Only applicable to the top guys, although with the Contender Series and new batches of recruits the UFC prelims are looking Bellator level

He stalked and slaughtered Hooker.

I'm not really a fan of Chandler's, but that was some good stuff. Looking forward to his next fight.

Definitely impressed (Hooker is not a easy fight for most guys), but Chandler has been legit for a minute. People just think that the UFC is the end all to the sport. Training gyms transcend promotions. Being the biggest promotion doesn’t necessarily mean you have the best roster. You have a better chance but still; for every Ben Askren you have Gaethje, Alvarez or Masvidal. Until recently you could say Marlon Morales(I personally would still include him). You can definitely make the argument for the ton of talent WEC brought in, bu I won’t because it was Zuffa owned. Oh and shit let’s not forget about Pride.

Only applicable to the top guys, although with the Contender Series and new batches of recruits the UFC prelims are looking Bellator level
It’s 2021. UFC has dropped a level. These last 3 cards to start the year have been below Bellator level. I guarantee you Bellator comes out with better cards to start the year. These casuals have no clue what they’re talking about. Chandler is proving what the real hardcores know. UFC is all marketing.

It’s 2021. UFC has dropped a level. These last 3 cards to start the year have been below Bellator level. I guarantee you Bellator comes out with better cards to start the year. These casuals have no clue what they’re talking about. Chandler is proving what the real hardcores know. UFC is all marketing.
Just still not a good look a lot of top Bellator talent are UFC dropouts like Mousasi, Bader, Rumble Johnson, etc

You say Hooker looked off but how else do you propose he fights? I feel like he fought smart. Keep his distance and try and slow down Chandler. Mike was always dangerous early and he just walked him down and slept him. I'm struggling to see how Hooker looked off.

Some fighters thrive in the chaos. I think Hooker is more dangerous in JBG mode than being tentative and evasive like he tried to be against Chandler.
I don't think he has that 1 shot KO power + the timing to land it to be as passive as he was.
Maybe he wouldn't have won if he started to pressure Chandler, but I think it would have been easier. But that's easy to say.

Anyway, Chandler looked great and holy fuck I can't wait to see him face the likes of Gaethje and all. That's gonna be amazing. I think he's one win away from a title fight but I think the UFC promised him a TS if he won so we'll see.

It was in his movement and lack of power being thrown in any of his strikes. From legs kicks with no power, and his punches with no power. He never planted his feet or try to throw anything with any power. Plus was on back foot from the start which is unlike his style in all of his fights.

That's what I don't get. I thought it was more of Chandler looking good more than Hooker looking bad. Chandler pressured him and saw every strike coming. He checked every kick pretty much and was too quick for Hooker.

Just still not a good look a lot of top Bellator talent are UFC dropouts like Mousasi, Bader, Rumble Johnson, etc
None of those guys dropped out of UFC they left for more money. Stop perpetuating false ideas you sound ignorant and uneducated. This is another reason why the UFC level is dropping. Because they’re cheap. UFC’s divisions are completely different if those guys are there but we’ll never know because lesser fighters have filled in.

He just looked wierdly slow, his movement was wack, little offense he threw was tame, his body language seemed wierd.
Will have to watch it again to give you a better answer, but basically he seemed intimidated or uncomfortable in a way I've never seen with him.

When the fight was announced i figured Hooker would get the better of striking for sure. I think Dan was worried about the takedown and he also never got Chandlers respect even though he was capable of it. Much more one sided then I predicted

Bellator was never the B league. It just looked like that because of marketing and there aren’t a lot of ppl that actually know enough about mma to distinguish that the level is very close. If you think dudes can’t come in from Bellator and merk these UFC guys, then you should probably find another sport. The depth is one thing, but the level at the top is very close. SF proved this and Bellator would prove it again.

Bellator is definitely the B league. Good for Chandler and good win, but it's one fight.

it was a great KO

but wtf was dan hooker doing
he's the taller, longer guy. why he doesn't use his reach? is it because he was that terrified of the takedown???

chandler will wreck dustin pretty easily

Credit has to go to Henri Hooft, the man turns gifted grapplers into striking machines. Such a calming presence for his guys too.

Most of these UFC bots try to play the range game with lengthy strikers or force sloppy brawls, Hooft didn’t take the bait. He realized he had the superior athlete and trusted in his ability to manage distance and capitalize on openings.

- Chandlers reactive TD feints to Hookers predictable leg kicks

- Body work

- Throwing combos and different speed

all lullabied Hooker into a false sense of security. He didn’t know Chandler had that extra gear to close distance and sure enough reacted as soon as Hooker stepped back with his guard down.

Level change shot to the body set up. Beautiful stuff.

EmbellishedEmptyChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

How impressed were you guys?
it was a good knockout. I really want to see khabib maul this man, but if gives me great hope that Burns willl up piecing up usman.

edit: I forgot hooft said he won't be involved in the training camp of that fight at all. Damn.

Back