How badly would OWGP Mirko beat Rumble Johnson?

no i believe their intention was to give mirko an easy road to the final,build his confidence up,so that hed be at his best when they fought again. Theyd give Fedor the hardest guy they could in the first final match and give mirko the easiest,and then match them up.
Suuuuuure

13892348_1113262165433548_8978159346294827357_n.jpg

Josh Barnett was the real story in that tourney,he had the hardest road and made it all the way to the finals

damn right! look at the brackets in that tourney and you tell me they didnt give mirko smooth motherfucking sailing
All that bracket shows me is they tried to set up cro cop vs Fedor 2 but after fedor tucked tail they had wand replace him. So if Fedor didn't tuck tail, cro cop would've had the hardest path. Right? If Fedor showed up like they planned, cro cop would have the hardest path

All that bracket shows me is they tried to set up cro cop vs Fedor 2 but after fedor tucked tail they had wand replace him. So if Fedor didn't tuck tail, cro cop would've had the hardest path. Right? If Fedor showed up like they planned, cro cop would have the hardest path

Fedor had an injury,what is this tucked tail? he allready gloriously and decisivley beat mirko,so there is no reason for him to sit out and lose money if he wasnt injured. They only set up the brackets how they see fit as the rounds progress. This bracket showed how the tourney eventually played out but they matchup who they want in the 2nd and finals rounds,not according to any order.No one knew for example who was fighting who after the first round was over. they just pitted who they felt like it against each other to suit their own purposes untl the very final match,which they couldnt fully control.

Fedor had an injury,what is this tucked tail? he allready gloriously and decisivley beat mirko,so there is no reason for him to sit out and lose money if he wasnt injured. They only set up the brackets how they see fit as the rounds progress. This bracket showed how the tourney eventually played out but they matchup who they want in the 2nd and finals rounds,now according to any order.
Cro cop fight was his hardest fight. That's why he had an "injury".

But you didn't answer my question. If Fedor "was healthy" and actually showed up, would they not make cro cops path the hardest?

Cro cop fight was his hardest fight. That's why he had an "injury".

But you didn't answer my question. If Fedor "was healthy" and actually showed up, would they not make cro cops path the hardest?

I did answer your question. I posted those brackets to show how the entire tournament played out. But they never had an established order of who would fight who. they waited until after the round of fights was over and decided for themselves what would be the best matches to make for the next round. So,they could still give anyone they wanted,the easiest fights possible,which is how Ogawa made it to the finals in 2004.

As far as your "injury" comments go,i know the Russia/Croat wars were a divisive time on here,but you dudes lost the war. Fedor is supreme.

I did answer your question. I posted those brackets to show how the entire tournament played out. But they never had an established order of who would fight who. they waited until after the round of fights was over and decided for themselves what would be the best matches to make for the next round. So,they could still give anyone they wanted,the easiest fights possible,which is how Ogawa made it to the finals in 2004.
Dude, answer the question I asked

Mirko beats a MW,an old blown up LHW,another blown up LHW,and an exhausted Barnett,and people think that he was somehow unstoppable because of that? I dont get it. That entire tourney was designed for mirko to win,he was given the easiest road.

if it was at OW then mirko wld be forced to compete at rumbleweight. there can only be one..

You ducked my question like fedor ducked cro cop in 2006

you lack reading comprehension,ill try to explain it one last time. The way they set the tourney up,is not fixed. Those brackets you see are just how the tourney ultimatley ended up being made. If mirko were to have beaten minowa,and fedor entered from the beggining and had faced whoever and won,they would never have matched them in the next round against each other, they matched whoever they felt like matching people up against. They set these tourneys up to have the finals be the the most compelling big money fight they could have (or sneak a japanese guy on there) so they could easily have given mirko minowa in the first rd and yoshida in the 2nd round and wanderlei in the first match in the final round all the same,and if they wanted they could have given fedor all the tough fights if they wished cos,fuck it,hes fedor,the guy never loses,so he can take it. This will be my last attempt to explain this to you.

I do think that prime Crocop is one of the few fighters who could take out Rumble. I think he would really frustrate Rumble on the feet (like only Vitor has done), stuffs TDS more easily once he's frustrated, and eventually kick that liver or head.

Even OWGP Crocop had been KO'd a few times in kickboxing/mma, so I know Rumble could still crack him and end it.

I do think that Crocop is one of the few fighters who could take out Rumble. I think he would really frustrate Rumble on the feet (like only Vitor has done), and eventually kick that liver or head.

Even OWGP Crocop had been KO'd a few times in kickboxing/mma, so I know Rumble could still crack him and end it.

At hw i think theres plenty of fighters that could take Aj,but this would have been an interesting stylistic clash.

At hw i think theres plenty of fighters that could take Aj,but this would have been an interesting stylistic clash.
I really think Rumble can take out most top HWs. He's a unique fighter. I'm aware of his weaknesses, which would be exploited 10x faster by a HW on top of him, but he might be too light on his feet for most of them to wrangle him.

I really think Rumble can take out most top HWs. He's a unique fighter. I'm aware of his weaknesses, which would be exploited 10x faster by a HW on top of him, but he might be too light on his feet for most of them to wrangle him.

I dunno...its something id like to see. Its just that when you see him lose...its just guys have to weather the early storm,and he doesnt have as much left after.

Back