How badly would OWGP Mirko beat Rumble Johnson?

he would have to beat usada first

Jeff Novitzky is undefeated. The GOAT, all victories by KO.

alg-jeff-novitzky-court-jpg.jpg

OWGP Mirko is a myth,one of the biggest rose colored glasses events in sherdogs history.

Please stop, we need to have fairy tales. Don't take that please. OWGP Mirko was a mythical beast akin to the mighty Minotaur.

I remember arguing back then that I thought Dan won their first fight as well. Vanderlei was known for being a dirty fighter, and the refs made that one easy for him.

the refs were corrupt as fuck,but i thought wanderlei was winning the fight. Hendo had dropped wandy but wandy did all the other damage. I dont remember how the refs might have helped but i believe it. Those refs are sadists. Remember Mirko vs Yoshida,Yoshida wanted to quit and THE REF WOULDNT LET HIM

I don't think he changed that much, maybe he was just starting to get past his best physically but doe me really it was a combination of not adapting to a new environment well(partly due to injury), a great performance by Gonzaga and perhaps a decline in motivation. You look at his UFC debut for example and I think he still looks quick and sharp vs Sanchez but ends up chasing him too much in the larger octagon.

We saw prime Mirko KOed by Randleman and for me that Gonzaga fight is similar, it basically needed Gabe to fight the perfect fight and finish inside of a round to win. Generally I think Mirko's style was always a high risk one, a lot of the better MMA strikers actually spend most of the fight picking away from the outside but he hardly ever did that, almost everything he threw was potentially fight ending(a lot of it counters) and that ment he put himself in harms way a lot.

Post Gonzaga is when the decline set in, vs Kongo I think lack of adaptation to the cage and Cheiks cheating were clearly issues as well but by the time of his second UFC run he was clearly not the same fighter at all. Watch the fights vs Sanchez and then Al Turk and its clear Mirko has slowed down a ton in a couple of years as the injuries piled up.

i dont find the randleman and gonzaga fights similar. Gonz just dominated mirko and koed him. Randleman pulled some one in a million blow up the death star shit on mirko

the refs were corrupt as fuck,but i thought wanderlei was winning the fight. Hendo had dropped wandy but wandy did all the other damage. I dont remember how the refs might have helped but i believe it. Those refs are sadists. Remember Mirko vs Yoshida,Yoshida wanted to quit and THE REF WOULDNT LET HIM

Yeah - you know we all like to rave about PRIDE but it was shadowy as fuck. And a part of me really likes that but let's not be oblivious to the fact a lot of what went on was fucked up.

Yoshida became a national hero from that fight because he took a savage beating, The Japanese clearly liked to put their own against huge westerners and "survive". Do you remember TK vs Mark Hunt? I would be surprised if TK remembers that fight...

I remember arguing back then that I thought Dan won their first fight as well. Vanderlei was known for being a dirty fighter, and the refs made that one easy for him.

Just imagine if Dan went on to fight Saku next like Vandy...
that was one fight i wish we had seen,i wonder if saku could have subbed dan

Yeah - you know we all like to rave about PRIDE but it was shadowy as fuck. And a part of me really likes that but let's not be oblivious to the fact a lot of what went on was fucked up.

Yoshida became a national hero from that fight because he took a savage beating.

I dont think there were alot of fixed fights,really i dont. The referees however are a different story. Blatant favoritsm and complete lack of morality. Yoshida was a national hero before he ever came to pride. One of the things i like about him is he could have rested on his judo laurels but came to pride and took on alot of tough guys. Says something about his character. Basically polar opposite to Ogawa.

rumble wins imo. he would put too much pressure on cc and cc would get tagged and KOd.

Rumble would probably KO Mirko. The key to beating Mirko is to crowd him. Pressure beats kickers.

Mirko had really good right straight on charging fighters... he busted fedors nose with it and gave wandy fits...but trying to calm down a rampaging Rumble...i dunno if you stand your ground right away.

I dont think there were alot of fixed fights,really i dont. The referees however are a different story. Blatant favoritsm and complete lack of morality.

I would argue they were a lot of fixed fights at the start as they figured out what the hell they were doing but they gradually dissipated.

But to your point I remember a lot of 'contests' which were disturbing, the Japanese liked to see their own take horrific beatings to show their toughness as a virtue, I am guilty of taking great enjoyment out of this but it still sits a little uneasy with me.

Sakuraba vs Wanderlei 3 was one of those fights when I saw it I thought they just want to see Saku die in there. Not sure about the favoritism (It's been awhile since I seen some events) but I just remember this attitude towards Japanese fights which raised my eyebrows.

I would argue they were a lot of fixed fights at the start as they figured out what the hell they were doing but they gradually dissipated.

But to your point I remember a lot of 'contests' which were disturbing, the Japanese liked to see their own take horrific beatings to show their toughness as a virtue, I am guilty of taking great enjoyment out of this but it still sits a little uneasy with me.

Sakuraba vs Wanderlei 3 was one of those fights when I saw it I thought they just want to see Saku die in there. Not sure about the favoritism (It's been awhile since I seen some events) but I just remember this attitude towards Japanese fights which raised my eyebrows.

The thing about the saku wandy trilogy is..wandy destroyed him in the first match,and he was clearly a roided hulking manbeast in the second match but that match was actually really competitive until saku broke his collarbone...

the thing is though,after that..wandy just kept getting better and saku got his orbital shattered by mirko and then lost to fucking nino schembri...and he didnt even win a match after that before being paired with wandy again! that doesnt make any fucking sense! and he wanted to fight him a fourth time! but he got injured and Enter Mark Hunt...and the rest is history....

the thing is though,after that..wandy just kept getting better and saku got his orbital shattered by mirko and then lost to fucking nino schembri...and he didnt even win a match after that before being paired with wandy again! that doesnt make any fucking sense! and he wanted to fight him a fourth time! but he got injured and Enter Mark Hunt...and the rest is history....

Yes I remember, the lasting thought from that fight getting announced still resonates - "What the fuck?, they want to see him die in there". Didn't Saku announce a partial retirement around then?...and he kept going anyway...probably with external pressure.

Love PRIDE but understand what we are watching too...also, to stay on topic, I think 2006 Mirko could KO Rumble as he moved so much better then and if it were in a ring I'd give Mirko the nod but only just. Rumble has become a serious beast.

Yes I remember, the lasting thought from still still resonates - "What the fuck?, they want to see him die in there"

Love PRIDE but understand what we are watching too...also, to stay on topic, I think 2006 Mirko could KO Rumble as he moved so much better then and if it were in a ring I'd give Mirko the nod but only just. Rumble has become a serious beast.

After Arona vs Saku someone should have said enough dude,no more fighting... and that was 11 yrs ago

sakurabas_face_ricardo_arona.jpg

Yes I remember, the lasting thought from that fight getting announced still resonates - "What the fuck?, they want to see him die in there". Didn't Saku announce a partial retirement around then?...and he kept going anyway...probably with external pressure.

I would say Mirko would have the advantage,but Rumble could get it done in the opening onslaught if the wind favors him lol

I would say Mirko would have the advantage,but Rumble could get it done in the opening onslaught if the wind favors him lol
Since we are talking about a past fighter vs a current one,

PRIDE rules or Unified? Cage or Ring?

Rumble likes to back you into that cage and cause brain damage - Mirko used the four corners of the ring expertly to evade so with a fight so close those could make the difference. Mirko never got used to the cage and (somewhat ironically) only used elbows on the matt in his last UFC fight.

Since we are talking about a past fighter vs a current one,

PRIDE rules or Unified? Cage or Ring?

Rumble likes to back you into that cage and cause brain damage - Mirko used the four corners of the ring expertly to evade so with a fight so close those could make the difference. Mirko never got used to the cage and ironically only used elbows on the mat in his last UFC fight.
I think pride rules favor mirko because of the opening 10 min round.

CC was so dangerous in his prime that there was not a man on the planet that he didn't have a very good chance at not only beating but doing so violently.

He deserves a lot more respect than he gets. He would most likely have a little trouble with rumble early on and then begin to accumulate his kicks and slow him down before finishing him.

I think pride rules favor mirko because of the opening 10 min round.
Exactly, Rumble could fade with a longer around.

An interesting element to Mirko and PRIDE rules - I have long thought while Mirko was still athletic and explosive - remember those fantastic sprawls he had? With Unified rules he could start raining elbows down - he ironically showed just how good he can throw elbows in his last UFC fight. Elbows to the head would be easier to land without losing position than knees to the head.

Might not be a factor in such a fight though, just a thought that has been brewing.

PRIDE rules/ring = Mirko
Unified rules/cage = Favor Rumble

I dont think there were alot of fixed fights,really i dont. The referees however are a different story. Blatant favoritsm and complete lack of morality. Yoshida was a national hero before he ever came to pride. One of the things i like about him is he could have rested on his judo laurels but came to pride and took on alot of tough guys. Says something about his character. Basically polar opposite to Ogawa.
The fixed fights mainly occurred before the 2000 GP I believe. They're pretty easy to spot nowadays!

Exactly, Rumble could fade with a longer around.

An interesting element to Mirko and PRIDE rules - I have long thought while Mirko was still athletic and explosive - remember those fantastic sprawls he had? With Unified rules he could start raining elbows down - he ironically showed just how good he can throw elbows in his last UFC fight.

Might not be a factor in such a fight though, just a thought that has been brewing.

PRIDE rules/ring = Mirko
Unified rules/cage = Favor Rumble

I think he was better sticking to using knees in the sprawl,then his arms are free to control the guy. in the times he did enter the guard though,like against wandy in the 2nd fight and so on he could have certainly done some real damage with those.

The fixed fights mainly occurred before the 2000 GP I believe. They're pretty easy to spot nowadays!
thats what im saying,i hate when these noobs seem to point out that anything in pride could be completley fake and needs asterixes next to it....can you not tell what you are looking at?????????????????/

Back