How badly would OWGP Mirko beat Rumble Johnson?

Rumble is arguably the greatest one round fighter in the history of the sport. And he wouldn't gas against Mirko cause the fight would remain standing. I think Rumble puts him to sleep.
Easy money for Mirko back then... those haymakers Rumble throws would be heavily countered.

OWGP Mirko is a myth,one of the biggest rose colored glasses events in sherdogs history.

I don't think so. His speed, use of angles, set-ups and power was the stuff of legend. And he had good TDD and fearless. Wouldn't panic wrestle like Bader did.

The guy was also Special Ops, after getting shot at I don't think the ring bothered him much.

UdYex3n.gif
well,that could happen to.im just saying AJ's style could cause problems

a dominant fighter at LHW.

People are talking about the OWGP,so if Mirko beat a guy he allready beat allready twice,why is that special?

he beat up barnett again! oh shit! hes unstoppable!

You are proof that join date and post count don't always translate into knowledge.

I don't think so. His speed, use of angles, set-ups and power was the stuff of legend. And he had good TDD and fearless. Wouldn't panic wrestle like Bader did.

The guy was also Special Ops, after getting shot at I don't think the ring bothered him much.
dude i am not saying Mirko wasnt a great fighter,i just am saying people talk about his performance in the OWGP like he was the greatest thing since sliced bread and i dont think it was anything that special for me. Id EXPECT him to win under those circumstances. Nothing surprising happened.

Damn...would have loved to see that happen but we'll never know.

Somewhat off topic but I'm guessing Mirko will never get sanctioned here in the US ever again since he hasn't finished his suspension and will be fighting in Rizin. Does that sound about right?

It sounds more like he doesn't want to. Has finally realized he's slowed down and level of competition gone down and he loves Japan.

You are proof that join date and post count don't always translate into knowledge.

What knowledge am i lacking? i saw all those events live. If you dont think Mirko should have allready been the heavy favorite in every one of those fights,i dont know what to tell you. He did nothing he wasnt supposed to do.

Easy money for Mirko back then... those haymakers Rumble throws would be heavily countered.
Rumble has never lost to anyone standing. Same cannot be said for Mirko. Or even close. Rumble has won the standup with every guy he's ever fought, and most in dominant fashion.

Rumble has never lost to anyone standing. Same cannot be said for Mirko. Or even close. Rumble has won the standup with every guy he's ever fought, and most in dominant fashion.

Yeah but there are alot of great strikers rumble hasnt fought for whatever reason. Imagine him in there against prime lhw strikers of the past.

R1 or 2 TKO for Mirko turned DQ by Usada few days after

I could see Rumble's early assault and crowding Mirko,being a problem. He doesnt like that. Even a green Aleks had some success with that,which set in motion Fedor's strategy against him later.

Mirko didn't get crowded much in UFC. He was excellent at circling away and so strong he'd often push guys away and even out of clinch...

Schwab even claimed Mirko is the strongest guy he fought, even stronger than Carwin whom he trained with.

His loses in UFC were largely to him slowing down, losing his chin and getting KTFO not smothered.

Yes but would Mirko stand his ground if AJ came out the box coming at him? i think he would need to wait till the dude calmed down a bit lol

Mirko didn't get crowded much in UFC. He was excellent at circling away and so strong he'd often push guys away and even out of clinch...

Schwab even claimed Mirko is the strongest guy he fought, even stronger than Carwin whom he trained with.

His loses in UFC were largely to him slowing down, being tentative and getting KTFO not smothered.

Im not really taking into account when and where this fight is taking place,be it octagon,or ring,id assume its simply Mirko in his prime,and those who had any success against him standing at his best,forced him to fight on his bike.

well, everything has its first time ;) Mirko in his prime would beat Rumble standin up... rumble would try to wrestle in the end.

AJ would have to take him out quick,in the first minute,to win,otherwise hes gonna get picked apart by liver kicks when he slows down.Its an interesting matchup.

I could see Rumble's early assault and crowding Mirko,being a problem. He doesnt like that. Even a green Aleks had some success with that,which set in motion Fedor's strategy against him later.
well you should watch AGAIN CC with Fedors lil brother then... where you saw there success, pushing pace aint success if you dont hit him...

well you should watch AGAIN CC with Fedors lil brother then... where you saw there success, pushing pace aint success if you dont hit him...

well for chrissakes aleks was green back then,i am just saying,it was a good try,he def got mirko backing up which was the plan. I think AJ could do that,and better. But hed better land the shots early,before mirko gets the timing down

Back