How badly would it suck to chip a tooth during a fight?

itd be pretty damn hard for that to happen since fighters wear mouth gaurds. only example i could think of is when randy couture lost his tooth from machida's kick, but thats because the mouth guard flew out of his mouth if i remember right

edit:
also i think it would suck more post fight compared to during the fight

Got my tooth chipped in school

Not that bad though

you think that's bad, have you seen the dead legs the guys get.
or getting hit in the funny bone
peter_griffin_hurts_his_knee__animation__by_blutendertod-d5j13kq.gif

broke one in half sparring when I lived in Albuquerque...didn't even know until I spit my mouthguard out and it was embedded into it.

Here, watch Diego Sanchez vs. Karo Parysian. I think its during round 3 Diego knees Karo and you can see Karo's tooth fly across the Octagon. Karo claims it was loose already but yea, here it is for your enjoyment.

I think it would be worse to get hit so hard a few of them stay in your mouthgaurd when they pull it out and your corner has to scramble for pliers so they can pull the teeth out of the gaurd before the next round starts.

Here, watch Diego Sanchez vs. Karo Parysian. I think its during round 3 Diego knees Karo and you can see Karo's tooth fly across the Octagon. Karo claims it was loose already but yea, here it is for your enjoyment.

It wasn't a tooth, it was a veneer

It was a veneer, not a tooth.

Like one poster said, cosmetic damage isn't that big of a deal. You can look like you got in a car accident and be fixed up in a few weeks

Brain damage, knees, back-- thats the shit you go to worry about

Back