How badly would it suck to chip a tooth during a fight?

I'm pretty sure Randy Couture broke his tooth in the Machida fight, I think a fighter lost his tooth on TUF nine.

Well that is what dentists are for. I think most adults eventually chip a tooth (or worse) in their life. I don't think it's a big deal. I'd be more worried about the possible brain damage...

LOL @ "i dont think a chip tooth grows back"

in the grand scheme, its probably the easiest superficial injury to have. Filing in a chip tooth is like 30 min procedure and painless.

Stitches, ligament tears, broken bones are all way worse.

I don't think a chipped tooth grows back. Tula and Couture both got kicked in the jaw both are sporting a chipped tooth for life. I remember seeing an interview with Couture and he showed the damage that Machida caused and it was painful to see for me.
You can just go to the dentist and repair the tooth, or just put in a new one made of titanium.

Slap a crown on it and you're done. Not the worst injury you can get in a fight TBH.

I chipped a tooth rolling in Bjj......what was worse was ripping all the skin off my pinky toe where it attaches to my foot 2x!!!

Stitches there hurt!

Imagine if a fighter broke a nail. Talk about ouch....:icon_neut

I'm pretty sure a tooth does grow back actually

Out of all the possibilities, chipping a tooth wouldn't bother me at all. Vaneers look nicer anyway.

Well that is what dentists are for. I think most adults eventually chip a tooth (or worse) in their life. I don't think it's a big deal. I'd be more worried about the possible brain damage...

I wont, a teeth is a teeth

toothpull.gif

I've chipped a few. Probably happens all the time.

Anyone reading this post from canada who played hockey growing up are just shaking their head right now.

Back