How badly would Dmitry Pirog have fucked up Canelo?

had they fought in 2011-2012 I'd probably favor Pirog (when Canelo was a JMW and Pirog was a MW) but if you're putting MW Canelo at his best vs MW Pirog Canelo wins a pretty clear decision over the course of hte fight.

And Canelo bum boys will defend the Canelo scorecard on a round by round basis whilst excusing an Adelaide Byrd scorecard of 118-110 to Canelo.
I didn't know scorecards carry over for each fight.

I just wish that the fight between Pirog & GGG that was scheduled to happen back in September of 2012 had taken place. Then we'd have a much better idea of where Pirog stands in the rankings of the best middleweights of the decade. But it wasn't to be. What a shame.

Pirog spent an incredibly short amount of time at the elite level. He's nowhere near as proven as Canelo is now. We'll never know how well his slickness would've translated against the rest of the field of divisional elites. Canelo is the proven commodity here so it's easy to pick him in a hypothetical match-up if it happened today.

Don't forget that Canelo is only 30 in his prime and only improving. He have at least some ten fight to achieve against others elites contenders, building a far better legacy than Pirog.

Back