How badly UFC needs Vadim Nemkov who just beat Phil Davis?

Nemkov got a great win bUT given the 3Rd round it looks like a fluke. fightmatrix.com has a wacky AF ranking system. The UFC doesn't need him they've got several comparable fighters already. Reyes still been far more impressive so far.

I don't get what you're saying since Davis only won the last round he should have won the fight? Rounds 1-2 were Nemkov's.

Nemkov has talent but man some questions were raised after that last round. TBH I'd back Bader to beat him

What do you mean? Davis was the best LHW he's fought so far and he clearly won 29-28 and actually out wrestled Davis.

I don't get what you're saying since Davis only won the last round he should have won the fight? Rounds 1-2 were Nemkov's.
I'm gonna sound like a hater, which I really don't want too because it was great win for Nemkov. But if he rematched Davis today it's hard to see him winning again or being a favorite here, because we saw in the 3rd round if Davis is going for takedowns he can get them and do his typical 10-15 of control to win. That's what I mean by looks like a fluke.
Davis is a better win but OSP isn't that far behind him and Reyes hurt him bad every round and stuffed his TDs with ease. Nemkov won 2 rounds vs Davis but he didnt have him hurt at all and the only round that was dominant was the one Davis got.

Last edited:
I'm gonna sound like a hater, which I really don't want too because it was great win for Nemkov. But if he rematched Davis today it's hard to see him winning again or being a favorite here, because we saw in the 3rd round if Davis is going for takedowns he can get them and do his typical 10-15 of control to win. That's what I mean by looks like a fluke.
Davis is a better win but OSP isn't that far behind him and Reyes hurt him bad every round and stuffed his TDs with ease. Nemkov won 2 rounds vs Davis but he didnt have him hurt at all and the only round that was dominant was the one Davis got.

You do sound like a hater, Nemkov suplexed Davis and Davis looked like he couldn't take Nemkov down and got out muscled in the clinch. The third round was the most clear to score but it was far from dominant. Nemkov also did just about as much damage too, they both busted each other's noses but otherwise looked fine.

If anything I think Nemkov would do better in a rematch now that he's more confident in his wrestling against Davis.

What do you mean? Davis was the best LHW he's fought so far and he clearly won 29-28 and actually out wrestled Davis.

What I was trying to say is. Whether it was going against such a tough opponent or whatever. He didn't perform well in the final round of a 3 round fight. So it'd be interesting to see how he fares against the champ in a 5 round fight

What I was trying to say is. Whether it was going against such a tough opponent or whatever. He didn't perform well in the final round of a 3 round fight. So it'd be interesting to see how he fares against the champ in a 5 round fight

Fair enough, but Nemkov knew he was going to be in a 3 round fight and he probably knew he was up 2 rounds to none.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back