How badly is Dana and WME about to screw over MM?

Doubt it matters ither way. Dana White might make that super fight happen now with TJ vs Cejudo to earn a few more bucks. Despite Cejudo winning, the division still won't be selling out tickets.

Cejudo fights TJ next, loses. The 125 division gets axed straight away and the fighters released back onto the playground to roam free.

Today is a good day
<GinJuice>

Dude Cejudo would literally make you his bitch if he wanted.

You already know Uncle Dana is throwing a party now that MM lost. Does he get an immediate title shot or does he go to the same line that Aldo and Stipe went too?

Nope. They will make Cejudo vs. Dillashaw, and make DJ fight Pettis or something.

I don’t think that the imediate rematch is possible. In the post fight conference DJ said he thinks he tore his acl and broke his right foot, so Cejudo is probably going to have to take un another contender until DJ heals

That sucks for him in one way, but it's kinda good for both him and the UFC in another way as in that it lets them do the super fight without having to blow off what should be an immediate rematch for a champion who lost their title in a split decision. Let alone one who has defended their title so many times. I mean, if JJ got an immediate rematch after getting ass blasted in a non competitive fight with Rose in their first fight, DJ would have gotten the first 125 shot no doubt.

DJ screwed himself. He should've taken the Dillishaw fight when he had a chance.

PS: while DJ certainly deserves a rematch it's because it's a split decision and because he holds the all time record for defenses of any weight class.....1: It doesn't have to be the very next fight. He could wait for henry to fight TJ

and 2. How f'n dare you compare it to Stipe? So f'n what Stipe has the heavyweight record (a grand amazing total of 3 defenses)? So what?
Regardless of how long you've had it, HOW you lose it means something. Round 1 KO loss. No one gets immediate rematches from round 1 ko losses, unless there's just absolutely no one else in line that's any good.

Also you bring up Aldo? The hell? Jose Aldo got to fight for the interim title is his very next fight DESPITE losing in the 1st round via ko...
It just wasn't against Conor because Conor was trying to move up and if Henry has the courage to move up then DJ should also wait but at least DJ can say he had a close split decision, Aldo had a round 1 ko loss, in 13 seconds, so there's no comparison.

I wonder if maybe some of the younger fans around her don't realize how much we wanted people to move up back in the day and they just wouldn't do it. We were begging for Anderson to move up and actually fight for the belt but he would only fight a former champion and wouldn't touch anyone he thought was dangerous.
GSP? The true GOAT, waited patiently for Bisping (a match up he knew was good) before moving up, when we BEGGED him to go up and fight Anderson when they were both in their prime.

Now you guys are complaining about divisions getting held up. Who cares!?!?! We have more weight classes than ever anyway and getting to see champ vs champ fights is one of the best reasons to have more weight classes. WE are FINALLY getting more people willing to move up and what do you do? Complain.

Mighty Mouse was being begged to fight Dillishaw. Both of those divisions were running low on contenders and it made so much sense but HE CHOSE NOT TO. For that, I'll gladly let him sit out and wait for his rematch while the actual champ who's willing to move up to 135 does so.

Bring on Henry vs TJ.
I love that your response is one sentence, and your post script is 7 paragraphs

He's just a mouse, lift up the octagon and see many more.

{<Scared}

MM just reached the end of his contract. He is not going to have a good time.

I thought his contract wasn’t up until next year.

I could be wrong. Then again, they will not make it easy for him in any case. They will dilate and give him every obstacle one can think of.

lol Dana ain't gonna do shit. He threatened to kill the entire division off last year if Mighty Mouse didn't accept the TJ fight and he didn't make good on his promise of that, he's not gonna deny him an immediate rematch either.

lol Dana ain't gonna do shit. He threatened to kill the entire division off last year if Mighty Mouse didn't accept the TJ fight and he didn't make good on his promise of that, he's not gonna deny him an immediate rematch either.
What leverage does DJ have at this point?
He doesn’t have the title so Dana could realistically throw him to the wasteside and none of the higher ups would care.

What leverage does DJ have at this point?
He doesn’t have the title so Dana could realistically throw him to the wasteside and none of the higher ups would care.

He could but why would he want to? I don't see him being so pissed over the Dillashaw fight not happening that he'll just toss him to the curb or fuck with him by not giving him a rematch.

He could but why would he want to? I don't see him being so pissed over the Dillashaw fight not happening that he'll just toss him to the curb or fuck with him by not giving him a rematch.
He’s already shown a passionate dislike of MM. Dana is a spiteful MF if you piss him off so combine that with the fact that Cejudo has already called out Dillashaw and Dana said it was a good idea, I got a feeling he’s not getting that rematch at all. Any leverage he had to negotiate anything went out the window.

He’s already shown a passionate dislike of MM. Dana is a spiteful MF if you piss him off so combine that with the fact that Cejudo has already called out Dillashaw and Dana said it was a good idea, I got a feeling he’s not getting that rematch at all. Any leverage he had to negotiate anything went out the window.

lol I don't think he has a passionate dislike for MM at all. Besides, Dana has shown to be a lot more reasonable than people give him credit for. I see no way MM doesn't get an immediate title shot once he's healed up from his injuries.

TJs stock went up, MMs stock went down. Its a worthless fight for TJ now. I hate ducks and thoroughly enjoy when they get their comeuppance.

You people don't know how good we had it wit DJ. You'll soon find out when Cejudo smothers the rest of the division.

Back