How badly is Dana and WME about to screw over MM?

In a lot if ways its like a gambling, gotta hit those paydays when theyre hot. MM did not, now he lost all his chips to a house thats fed up with his attitude.

Dj is getting a rematch he will lose and then he will get a shitty deal after. He deserves every bit of it.

DJ screwed himself. He should've taken the Dillishaw fight when he had a chance.

PS: while DJ certainly deserves a rematch it's because it's a split decision and because he holds the all time record for defenses of any weight class.....1: It doesn't have to be the very next fight. He could wait for henry to fight TJ

and 2. How f'n dare you compare it to Stipe? So f'n what Stipe has the heavyweight record (a grand amazing total of 3 defenses)? So what?
Regardless of how long you've had it, HOW you lose it means something. Round 1 KO loss. No one gets immediate rematches from round 1 ko losses, unless there's just absolutely no one else in line that's any good.

Also you bring up Aldo? The hell? Jose Aldo got to fight for the interim title is his very next fight DESPITE losing in the 1st round via ko...
It just wasn't against Conor because Conor was trying to move up and if Henry has the courage to move up then DJ should also wait but at least DJ can say he had a close split decision, Aldo had a round 1 ko loss, in 13 seconds, so there's no comparison.

I wonder if maybe some of the younger fans around her don't realize how much we wanted people to move up back in the day and they just wouldn't do it. We were begging for Anderson to move up and actually fight for the belt but he would only fight a former champion and wouldn't touch anyone he thought was dangerous.
GSP? The true GOAT, waited patiently for Bisping (a match up he knew was good) before moving up, when we BEGGED him to go up and fight Anderson when they were both in their prime.

Now you guys are complaining about divisions getting held up. Who cares!?!?! We have more weight classes than ever anyway and getting to see champ vs champ fights is one of the best reasons to have more weight classes. WE are FINALLY getting more people willing to move up and what do you do? Complain.

Mighty Mouse was being begged to fight Dillishaw. Both of those divisions were running low on contenders and it made so much sense but HE CHOSE NOT TO. For that, I'll gladly let him sit out and wait for his rematch while the actual champ who's willing to move up to 135 does so.

Bring on Henry vs TJ.

MM tried to leverage them into over paying for a fight us fans wanted

MM screwed MM

DJ is getting the rematch. It's the only fight at 125 that anyone would give a shit about.

DJ really doesn't seem to give a shit that he lost.

IDK.. Dana wasn't even around to give Henry the belt. He may have hated MM for being a Duck but I'm sure he is more of a draw than Henry.

That's more than likely true but at least Henry is a company man.

DJ will get the immediate rematch at 125 for sure, but I wouldn't guarantee it's the first fight. They should really make the champion vs champion match since we know damn well DJ doesn't even want it with TJ coming down to 125, let alone be willing to move up to 135.

They should just get rid of the 125 division. People outside a few hardcore fans are just not interested in it, and there's no reason to think they will ever be. Even WMMA is more popular than flyweights.

You say that like it should be bad WMMA could be popular. Rose/JJ 2 was one of the best fights of the year imo.

DJ screwed himself. He should've taken the Dillishaw fight when he had a chance.

PS: while DJ certainly deserves a rematch it's because it's a split decision and because he holds the all time record for defenses of any weight class.....1: It doesn't have to be the very next fight. He could wait for henry to fight TJ

and 2. How f'n dare you compare it to Stipe? So f'n what Stipe has the heavyweight record (a grand amazing total of 3 defenses)? So what?
Regardless of how long you've had it, HOW you lose it means something. Round 1 KO loss. No one gets immediate rematches from round 1 ko losses, unless there's just absolutely no one else in line that's any good.

Also you bring up Aldo? The hell? Jose Aldo got to fight for the interim title is his very next fight DESPITE losing in the 1st round via ko...
It just wasn't against Conor because Conor was trying to move up and if Henry has the courage to move up then DJ should also wait but at least DJ can say he had a close split decision, Aldo had a round 1 ko loss, in 13 seconds, so there's no comparison.

I wonder if maybe some of the younger fans around her don't realize how much we wanted people to move up back in the day and they just wouldn't do it. We were begging for Anderson to move up and actually fight for the belt but he would only fight a former champion and wouldn't touch anyone he thought was dangerous.
GSP? The true GOAT, waited patiently for Bisping (a match up he knew was good) before moving up, when we BEGGED him to go up and fight Anderson when they were both in their prime.

Now you guys are complaining about divisions getting held up. Who cares!?!?! We have more weight classes than ever anyway and getting to see champ vs champ fights is one of the best reasons to have more weight classes. WE are FINALLY getting more people willing to move up and what do you do? Complain.

Mighty Mouse was being begged to fight Dillishaw. Both of those divisions were running low on contenders and it made so much sense but HE CHOSE NOT TO. For that, I'll gladly let him sit out and wait for his rematch while the actual champ who's willing to move up to 135 does so.

Bring on Henry vs TJ.

The first sign of Brocktober.

This Cejudo talks really well and seems like a great guy

So fuck DJ the ducker.. kid would rather face guys he beat badly again rather then challenge TJ.. this time it bit him in the ass

You already know Uncle Dana is throwing a party now that MM lost. Does he get an immediate title shot or does he go to the same line that Aldo and Stipe went too?

Jose Aldo? Didn't he fight in 3 straight title fights after the Conor loss? Or am i blanking on something?

Dude fuck MM. I bet he regrets not moving up and getting a solid pay day

You realize that he wouldn't have gotten a "solid payday" right? Because he doesnt draw. So he'd basically be getting paid the same. He wanted a big price for that fight and as someone who did what he did, he deserves it. But this sport isn't really about who deserves what, we all know that.

DJ tried to bargain with Dana without a bargaining chip. If he fought TJ then at least he will get props from the fans and Dana will owe him one. Losing when fighting a bigger man doesn't have a lot of cons. DC and Conor knew this fact.

You already know Uncle Dana is throwing a party now that MM lost. Does he get an immediate title shot or does he go to the same line that Aldo and Stipe went too?
Dana put the belt on Cejudo upside down, didn't congratulate him in the cage and looked annoyed as he walked out the cage.. Dana didn't even stick around to hear Cejudo give his post fight speech. DJ lost a fight that many actual fighters and many of the MMA media, thought he won. He didn't get KO'd, TKO'd or Sub'd.. he didn't even have any marks on his face after the fight. The two are now 1-1, a rematch will more then likely happen sooner, rather then later.

IDK.. Dana wasn't even around to give Henry the belt. He may have hated MM for being a Duck but I'm sure he is more of a draw than Henry.

This. All these keyboard warrior internet losers that haven't stepped foot in an mma gym are bashing DJ. They see someone successful and want him to fail. Classic schadenfreude.

But Cejudo is more boring. DJ finished fights, and now that Cejudo has the belt hes coming for more LnP victory.

My bet is DJ takes a year off and Cejudo wins 1-2 boring fights, and people get excited for DJs return.

I don’t think that the imediate rematch is possible. In the post fight conference DJ said he thinks he tore his acl and broke his right foot, so Cejudo is probably going to have to take un another contender until DJ heals

Back