How badly does Prime Conor Mcgregor demolish Justin Gaethje?

Yeah, Conor would probably make Justin look stupid in there with his slips and counters, which are just on a different level. Sure, he's not James Toney, but for an MMA guy he's pretty damn good with that stuff. If Justin fights a smart fight, though, and his wrestling is actually as good as some people suggest (I wouldn't know, because he doesn't seem to want to wrestle much), he has a decent chance, for sure. He's not a tiny fucker, and he can punch.

Fun fight. I'd watch.

I'll believe Gaethje will use his wrestling when I see it. He hasn't done anything but a few slams years ago in the small orgs. MMA wrestling is a use-it-or-lose-it skill. Hendo had Olympic Greco credentials, but his MMA wrestling was nothing special...and he still used it a lot more than Justin.

I think Gaethje gets possessed by his inner brawler and doesn't even think about grappling.

Prime Notorious sparks this mark ass dork ass trick inside 2 rounds.

What does Conor and Justin have in common? Alvarez and Poirer. They both gave Gaethje a sound beating and they each got a sound beatdown from Conor. Conor didn't just beat them, he destroyed them. We're not talking lucky punch or a lucky knee (like Masvidal vs. Askren). I would understand that, but Conor gave them a sound beat down. There's no coming back from that. Poirer gave Halloway a beating in 2012 and then again in 2019. A sound beating is a sound beating and it shows clearly that there's no luck involved and it can be done repetitively as Poirer proved it over Holloway. That's what Conor did to both of them. Dominated them from start to finish! Gaethje is a standup fighter like both of these guys and he was beaten by both of them. He brings nothing different or new to the table. Conor drops him in the 1st because his coming forward style. And I don't wanna hear none of the "what about his wrestling?" We never seen Gaethje wrestle in the UFC, and he's too proud to start with Conor!

Don't judge Conor by his last fight (against Khabib). Remember, he was two years out of the octagon in which time he got stinking rich and some of that will power and hunger went away. But I believe Conor when he says _"give him back to me so I can finish him!"_ because he seldomly eats his words!

Pretty damn bad, honestly.

I don't like Conor very much, but if Alvarez and Poirier can stop him, I think a prime Conor stops him as well.

Back